Christmas Shopping made Easy for Oldsters

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure!

Go thru a list of what your adult kids have borrowed from you. Choose from the list and -- Buy them a new one.

Couldn't be easier! I think my parents did this with me but I kept turning up at their place anyway :).

Come to think of it . . . :/ maybe this isn't such a good idea. I'm still hoping to see lots of DD. We may have to move in with her at some point in time. May as well, all of our stuff is over there already . . .

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha! You're funny!
Mine haven't borrowed anything much yet, but in the spring of my adulthood I did "adopt" a lot of my dads tools. :hide

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate loaning stuff out because people don't return them! Then I have to remember and either go pick it up or keep nagging the borrower. That reminds me, my daughter's friend borrowed by Biesel and I had already forgotten!

Steve, your inbox is full, I've been trying to send you a message.

Mary

Chickie2378

Leafing Out
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

yea young adults are so easy to buy for most times. they need things when setting up their homes.

it is when people get older you just about have to stop buying. they have all they need most times.

for Christmas we are taking hubbys parents out to a hibatchi japanese restaurant as their gift. they get that show of the chef cooking, flipping, presenting dinner and it is a gift they enjoy. Plus they love watching my 6 yr old DD when the chef goes crazy a bit with the fire and more. Memories.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, what or who is a "Biesel?" Maybe I don't want to know :/.

I've just started working on my taxes. Gardening expenses are business expenses. You might want to think about that for next year. I suspect Thistle' does this just as I do.

Anyway, Front-Loaded!!! Well, I guess! Seed orders and all -- almost everything but gas (for the commuting gardener) is all in the first 5 months of the year! By October, there's almost nothing . . . Yeah, bank account-wise also. Think I must be working to pay Exxon, or something . . . .

Anyway, that's like young people -- lots of expenses early on. After that, most just fuel . . .

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eeeesh, taxes already?
Wow Steve, you should be careful about setting such a good example! I'm a professional procrastinator when it comes to paperwork ,I just dread it, especially taxes...I find it reeeely easy to get distracted from that task until there is no escape. :rolleyes:

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Haha! You're funny!
Mine haven't borrowed anything much yet, but in the spring of my adulthood I did "adopt" a lot of my dads tools. :hide
same thing here. once i got our house my parents 'gave' me most of their stuff! i've only asked to borrow the tiller the first 2 springs we lived here and then i bought my own so i could till the chickie manure any time during the warmer months! :lol: somehow we ended up with their huge aluminum ladder that is tough to store anywhere but on the outside of out garage :/ my dad brought it over and said we could keep it here. think he didn't like it kicking around his garage and yard anymore.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm always borrowing tools from my dad. He told me the other day that he was going to buy him a new drill and keep it at my house! i love that man! :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Sure!

Go thru a list of what your adult kids have borrowed from you. Choose from the list and -- Buy them a new one.

Couldn't be easier! I think my parents did this with me but I kept turning up at their place anyway :).

Come to think of it . . . :/ maybe this isn't such a good idea. I'm still hoping to see lots of DD. We may have to move in with her at some point in time. May as well, all of our stuff is over there already . . .

Steve
Genius! Now if only you could tell my parents and mother-in-law that! HAHAHAH