Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are picky as to what we will carry... a number of people have asked why we didn't open sooner, and your answer covers it. The quality of what's out there right now is not what we want to offer. Stuff that has been in storage, or picked early and gassed, much has been on the road for weeks from far away places.

Another two weeks, and we will start seeing Florida produce coming in, then South Carolina, and North Carolina. Then our local farms start producing, and we support as much local as we can.
Good for you 👍
Buying as local as possible here. Milk eggs and vegetables

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Day :frow.

Cream of Wheat in the bowl with applesauce on the side — oolong in the cup with herb tea brewing on the stove.

It's applesauce season. With hot cereal so common in this household, I'm a little raisin- and cranberry-ed out. Those dried ingredients are on the counter beside the honey if'n you want them. Butter, brown sugar, and almond milk were added.

Second breakfast will have @Zeedman 's and my coffee for the day. One value to rising early is that there is time for coffee before much is going on and yet, a few hours after rising and that first breakfast so no coffee on an empty stomach. I can be revved up a little for the day.

Steve, off to see if there is a break in the clouds to see that Full Moon

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
some mornings i have a hard enough time with a first breakfast... :p :)

Mom is cooking fried rice this morning and made potato salad last night. i am not ever really thrilled by the cleanup from making eggs of almost any kind and in the morning is going to make it much worse, but the miracle of bleach (which is also hard to take in the morning but much better than the smell of eggs) will get me through it.

hot chocolate and well buttered toast would be good.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
On second cup of coffee, got alerted to turn on TV on BYH coffee thread. Bridge in Maryland got hit by a barge, knocking bridge down into 50 feet of water. At least 7 people are missing including one tractor trailer rig. 2 people were rescued and are in critical condition in the hospital. It’s been 5-6 hours, no one could survive underwater that long. An official is now considering it a recovery operation. The video of impact, the bridge fell so fast.
Pray for their families.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
The VIDEOS were shocking. It looked like somebody built a bridge with an erector set (this may be dated,) and your big brother kicked it over.
1711476656589.jpeg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
50yo bridge, built from the lowest bid contractor by the City of Baltimore.
NOW, our tax dollars will be used to rebuild it.
Baltimore is not shouldering the burden.
WHERE were the tests to check it?
WHERE was the tugboat that should have been hauling the barge through?
EVERYBODY on the east coast will see slower shipping and higher prices. This is part of the main east coast hub.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going for my second cup of coffee, then outside to get to work. I’ll let the group of ewes with lambs, and the young ewes on the yard today. Lots of yummy grass, they can mow it for me. And back to work on the pen I’m building. I have 3 rams, have to separate the 2 younger ones and give them girlfriends. That will put tiny feet on the ground in the fall.

Latest posts