Confessions of a plant hoarder, LOL.

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have a bad habit of buying plants or propagating plants without having a place ready or picked out where they can be planted. I collect plants that are hard to find, neat or just a good buy :hide Here is my "hoard" of plants. :p

6630_plants_057.jpg

At least the plants give the teenage chicks a place to hide and hang out, LOL.
6630_plants_059.jpg

6630_plants_058_2.jpg

These poor hoarded plants wait and dream of finding a home in my garden like these lucky roses in my semi-formal rose garden. Some plants may have to spend years in pots before finding a home. :hide

6630_plants_063.jpg

6630_plants_066.jpg

And some plants are lucky to find temporary homes in planters where they can show off their beauty.
6630_plants_060.jpg

6630_plants_061.jpg

Now,I have to admit I've gotten better over the years...my plant hoard was really HUGE and overgrown when I worked at a nursery. I probably spent a good portion of my paycheck on plants back then, LOL.
Trisha

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trisha, I think that most people would find it in their hearts to forgive you this shameful failing . . .

Steve

;)

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks Steve :)
I constantly have to battle the urge to buy, buy, buy LOL. You should of seen the "hoard" when I worked at the nursery...everything from orchids, roses, cactus to fruit trees were in 100's and 100's of pots. At one time I had nearly a 100 roses in pots alone. So I guess I'm a reformed plant hoarder. :lol:

Trisha

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm going to keep coming back . . . to look at these pictures.

Wonderful!

Pots aren't terrible things. And, probably legalized by now in your state.

S

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Awww, thanks Steve :)

One of my favorite heirloom roses is Marie Pavie from 1888 a near white blend polyantha shrub. It's the small white rose that's cascading out of the pot. I love it because it's just a power house of blooms from spring till frost and smells wonderful.

The two japanese maples in the big clay pots suffered for nearly 5 years and I nearly lost them a few times to neglect. They are coming back wonderfully and look great now.

I really need to plan out a heirloom rose garden area for all my old roses, they don't like to be cut back like the hybrid teas do. So, I need a place where they can grow tall and bushy. I have a bunch of heirloom climbing roses too and nothing for them to climb on :rolleyes:

Trisha

Rozzie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, if you want to give up your hoard, I'll be happy to adopt it!

I have a seedling hoard I'll trade. They take up less space...for now.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that's right - I've got a seedling hoard! And, if I can't complete my cultivation tasks with cooperation from the weather . . . well, I'm already in big trouble!

Something that a climbing rose might look nice on: when I lived in the redwoods - and you are so near that it should count - there were grape stakes. The ones that were rejected because they didn't split straight were almost free, or they were free. I think they were 6'.

Dark wood, long-lasting and the rejects had marvelous shapes.

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, I must say.... maybe I should go over and help you like the show about 'hoaders'. I'll just come take some off your hands so you have a dealable amount again! HAHAHAHA :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Northernrose...They look beautiful, just like a nursery! At least you have the space for them. This weekend I bought 2 more tomatoe plants! I don't have the room but I managed to squeese them in. I just hope my husband doesn't notice them when he gets back from his trip. He's always complaining how I don't need that many tomatoes. But I love to give them away and have a weakness for them. They are half the size of the others but there's a good chance he won't notice! :lol:

Mary

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Northernrose...They look beautiful, just like a nursery! At least you have the space for them. This weekend I bought 2 more tomatoe plants! I don't have the room but I managed to squeese them in. I just hope my husband doesn't notice them when he gets back from his trip. He's always complaining how I don't need that many tomatoes. But I love to give them away and have a weakness for them. They are half the size of the others but there's a good chance he won't notice! :lol:

Mary
Sounds like my DH, He's the reason why my "hoard" remains under control :lol: But, I "slipped" and planted 14 tomato plants this year ....oops 15 counting the dwarf bush tomato I just tucked between some others. I'm the only one in my family that eats raw tomatoes :lol:

Trisha