corn question again

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The gentleman who sold me the corn seeds told me to throw two kernels in each hole when I plant it, my question is if both seeds pop up do I pull the smallest one or do I leave em both.. I should of asked him... :idunno

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
trunkman said:
The gentleman who sold me the corn seeds told me to throw two kernels in each hole when I plant it, my question is if both seeds pop up do I pull the smallest one or do I leave em both.. I should of asked him... :idunno
I pull the smallest one.

Chris

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Depends how thick you planted them. Some people plant them in hills where 2 plants will co-exist. If you are planting the 6" apart in 30-36" rows, kill the second one up.

bearmanz400

Leafing Out
Reaction score
corn has been a 95% germination rate for me...2 per hole seems overkill...i just go back after the rest have popped through the soil and plant a seed in the vacant areas

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's how I do it with beans too

Corn: I'm going to grow my corn in circular hills the way Buffalo Bird Woman planted her Corn, or close to it

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have 14 rows spaced 30 inches apart and each seed planted about 9 inches apart..each row is 8 feet long. Hope it works for me this year, I've never really had any luck with corn.. :/

Latest posts