Couldn't you just use a diaper??

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Great idea. I spend $$$ on the "gel crystals" for plants in hanging baskets. They always seem to dry out in just hours in the summer heat. AND I have lots of diapers, though I don't think I'll use a USED one. :sick

I don't know how it happened but a diaper did end up in on of our burn piles for brush trimmings from last year. We just burned it and the diper was the only thing that didn't burn. It had more than doubled in size and was a giant mass of gel. It took us a while to realize what kind of weird object it was. :ep

But, be careful adding a larger diaper to a flower pot for when it swells it could lift the plant right out of the pot. Maybe use a newborn diaper??

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
But isn't a diaper supposed to hold "water" and not release it? How would the plants get the moisture back out?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Northernrose said:
But, be careful adding a larger diaper to a flower pot for when it swells it could lift the plant right out of the pot. Maybe use a newborn diaper??
Good point..I have a premeeie and newborn size in my extra stash. I will ask my daughter if she has another one of those.

Give me a few days to get my stuff together Wifezilla and to plant the pots.

Having 3 in diapers in my daycare/preschool isn't bad at all. Or maybe I'm just used to it. Two of the children never do #2 on my shift. :D The third one that does is just such a "cutie pie" that I love so much that I don't seem to mind at all. :lol:

Mary

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
be careful adding a larger diaper to a flower pot for when it swells it could lift the plant right out of the pot.
The instructions for the aquapad call for putting a little dirt in the pot, adding the pad, watering it and THEN adding the dirt.

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sounds interesting but I am soooooooooo happy my diaper days are done. But if it work, I may buy a package.