Craigslist and Other Bargains

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, that is wonderful...Let us know how you do...

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
that is a very nice unit Hubby has.. best of both worlds, bet there has been some wonderful meals

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, You are right about the meals. I love it cause he cooks it...we will be smoking bacon soon.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't know if you folks ever heard of "stickers" at Lowe's, but they are a recent discovery of mine...I may be way behind the curve on that, though. Anyhoo...Lowe's gets these lengths of wood in between their shipments of drywall that they call "stickers". Heat or pressure treated, 3-4 ft. in length x 2-3 in. widthx 2 in. thick. They have a groove routed in one side of them but it's pretty shallow.

FREE. They just throw them away! :th So now I check the carts at the back of the store where the lumber is to see if any are in their "trash" carts they have and even behind the store where they sometimes pile them. I've not had much luck behind the store, as folks get them pretty quickly there but I think most hesitate to scrounge for them in the store itself...pride maybe? I have none when it comes to free lumber, so I can really clean up in there at times.

Just built a stoop for my hoop coop with them and plan on building a bench or two along the way...found some plans for using them in making a simple, easy to construct bench someone posted on another forum.

Free, folks...just throwing them away. We are a truly wasteful nation.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our wine fridge has some serious dents that you can't see because it is between two cabinets. Got it for one third the price. Had a rack missing but the guy just got one from another fridge that had dents.

Mary

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@ninnymary I always go to the scratch and dented areas when buying things like fridges and things like that.

Latest posts