Cut flower garden

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
plant.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Spring collection, starting from Brassicas that bolt, lady's mantles that are ready to shine, other plants with lovely shapes and color patterns on the leaves - and a mini daily bouquet is there to brighten any corner in the house.

I like this kind of mini bouquet very much. Every single stem is a hero and a filler - just like the way we are in the daily life.
21395.jpg

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our columbines are also nearly blooming.

There was one at the NW corner of the greenhouse. It would have been better referred to as a Granny's Bonnet. That is an impossible location for most anything because it has almost no sunlight. It died one Winter.

Meanwhile, a volunteer began to grow near a big, robust columbine on the east side of the house. The big guy has light yellow flowers. The volunteer is reddish with Granny Bonnet flowers. It is in a near impossible location growing beside a concrete paver. I should move the paver and move the plant – a thought I've had for about 3 years as it has been growing there 🙄.

Recently, I learned that Auilegia will readily cross. So that is why it is beside the big cream-colored guy but looks like the little one that was 40 feet away and around the corner!

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the columbines here have been blooming for a week or two. we have several different colors but no longer the ones i liked the best (the purple and white ones), mostly dark purple and some a shade lighter towards marroon and then some reddish with yellow (which Mom doesn't like at all but they are off in another location after i moved them from the fenced gardens many years ago).

with all the seeds they drop they are tough plants to eradicate, but i still have to herd them away from the pathways and fences as they will take over. they really seem to like sprouting in the gravel and around places that are tough to weed. i usually find that it is easier to weed them out if i move the rocks and gravel and replaces them after i weed the plants. i don't think their seeds last as long as the morning glories but with how many seeds they drop they still spread pretty easily.