DH Having Open Heart Surgery

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will be praying for an easy operation with great success. Heart surgery has made great improvements. Amazing what can be done. He is strong and in otherwise good health, I am sure his recovery will be quick. Hugs to both of you.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know too many people who have simply dropped dead. I'm so thankful that he's going to be fixed up really well, and I'm sure all will be fine and smooth sailing for him and for you. Hugs!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, scary for him, but mostly old hat to the doctors who have done so many of these procedures successfully through the years.:fl I wish him an easy, successful surgical adventure and both of you many more years together doing what you tell him he wants to do.:fl

:hugs I will start with my pre-surgery prayers tonight and keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers until you pop back in to update us. :hugs I am glad he is getting it done right away. Tomorrow is a good time to have the surgery, today is better, and yesterday is the best.

Nothing around the new place is more important than him getting well.:love

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Triple bypass at 7:00 in the morning. Pre-op at 6, so I'll get there at 5:30 and stay with him until they take him for surgery.

We watched videos today. All about heart artery blockage, what surgery is and recovery from surgery. What to do and what not to do. And the diet--if it tastes good--spit it out!

He's already making noise about not getting his knee done. I got news for him......

Thanks everybody for your prayers. I love y'all.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally got my husband in for a checkup. He needs a knee replacement and a shoulder replacement. He also flunked his stress test. Had to check out his heart before knee surgery, so went in today for a heart catherization. (sp?)

He flunked that too. 1 artery is 95% blocked, the other 2 are only 90% blocked. His heart is strong, no damage, so we're good there. The surgeon will talk with us tomorrow, surgery 7 AM Wednesday.

I am glad to find this out now instead of him dropping dead of a heart attack. He doesn't think a whole lot of this idea, but at least he agrees that fixing the problem is better than being dead. I told him he's an old car, he needs some parts replaced, then he ought to be good for another 100,000 miles.
Make sure you go to a big hospital for the best doctor.My Dad had by pass 25 years ago and it was a miracle surgery that gave him 12 more GREAT years. God bless you both.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Dad was 74 when he had his surgery. He was quite a character. He always said marrying my mother kept him from going to Hollywood to be a big star. They loved each other dearly. He went to his 6 week check-up with my Mom. All the very sick people sitting in the office barely looked up from their seats. When it was his turn to see the doctor he stood up, did a little soft shoe for the office and said, "This is how you are going to be feeling 6 weeks from now." After surgery I kept thinking how much pain he must be in with such an invasive procedure. He said. "Pain? There's no pain."

Latest posts