Dirty feet!!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like my faux-crocs for gardening, but my feet get SO DIRTY! I scrub scrub scrub them with soap & a nail brush, but there is still dirt in the callouses on my feet! Anyone have a good way to clean up? I can pumice off the callouses, but that will take a looong time to get rid of the dirt.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:lol: :yuckyuck

Sorry, this is just such a funny post. I garden barefoot a lot, and DH HATES it because my feet get filthy. but I love the way the grass and dirt feel under my feet, so he can fuss all he wants.

I usually get in a good footbath if my feet are really dirty. I have a tub that I fill with hot water, and I add some nice-smelling soap, or, if I have it, Johnson's Footbath. I let my feet soak, then scrub with a foot scrub brush and extra soap. I bought the scrubby brush at Kmart or some other similar store - it has a scrubby brush on one end and a raspy/sandpapery tool for calluses on the other end. It's fabulous! Then I towel-dry, add some lotion (dry calluses seem to trap the dirt more than moisturized skin, so I keep 'em soft!), and I'm all set.

Yes, it seems like a lot of work, but really, it's not. I set the tub up in front of the TV and soak for a half-hour show or so. And I only use a small tub-full of water, rather than running it in the bathtub and breaking my back with the constant scrubbing.

Hope this helps! :tools

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I barefoot garden too. That is why I know bleach will clean em up quick :D
i thought you were kidding. what do you do if you have little sores on your feet which I always seem to?

I either garden in my faux-crocs or barefoot. I did not know there were so many barefoot gardeners out there.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm a faux-croc gardener too! Complete with dirty feet -- I try to wear socks -- not elegant but practical......!! :lol:

HAPPY GARDENING, BARE-FOOT or SOCKED :celebrate

:rose Hattie :rose

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I croc garden too, but sometimes if I don't want to get too dirty I wear my rubber boots. I got some really cute ones, lime green, at Target this spring for $20. They are easy on and off too! Yes, funny post!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
GrowinVeggiesInSC said:
I usually get in a good footbath if my feet are really dirty. I have a tub that I fill with hot water, and I add some nice-smelling soap, or, if I have it, Johnson's Footbath. I let my feet soak, then scrub with a foot scrub brush and extra soap. I bought the scrubby brush at Kmart or some other similar store - it has a scrubby brush on one end and a raspy/sandpapery tool for calluses on the other end. It's fabulous! Then I towel-dry, add some lotion (dry calluses seem to trap the dirt more than moisturized skin, so I keep 'em soft!), and I'm all set.
Hmmmm, an excuse to give myself a pedicure after gardening?? I like that idea!! If that doesn't work, then I'll try the bleach. :D

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
People think it is gross but I like the dirt under my nails. It shows my connectivity to the earth. Most people now a days never get to play in the mud or dig in the dirt. Unfortunately the dirt doesn't go well with my heels or sandals.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wear "earth shoes" to garden... but sometimes I don't plan on gardening and I have my flip flops on (or worse my new sketchers). As for dirty feet, I just use some epson salt mixed with my box scrub and use a loofa.

I am OBSESSED with clean feet.... I can not stand dirt toes of soles if you know what I mean. ;)

I sleep barefoot and I refuse to get my sheets nasty. :lol:

I am cool with being dirty, but only when we're outside. We're not near the beach, but sometimes I think about getting an outdoor shower hooked up. :clap