does anyone else find the febreze commercials scary?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
If something can cover up the smell from a months worth of dirty laundry or dishes, I don't think I want it in my lungs!
I haven't seen the commercial (we only have netflix and antenna), but the thought of **a months worth** of dirty laundry or dishes??!! :th Why would anyone let their home get that bad off?!! That's unbelievable!! :ep

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha, when I watch those commercials I actually gag a little. Hubby laughs at me for it, but man, they are gross!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
cityfarmer said:
I don't use febreeze, but I do know if I were one of those people in those commercials and you put me in one of those funky environments and I was getting that close to that much filth, someone better be paying me BIG.
In the one I've seen that involves lots of cats, the ladies do look pretty po'ed when they take their masks off!

Teka

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My hubbie has been cleaning out a storage loft in preparation for some HVAC work, and I noticed the entire house smelled like a funeral home, or at least a gaggle of old ladies with cheap perfume. I kept sniffing around trying to figure out where the strange odor was from until he told me the trash bags (big yard -sized ones like you'd use in big metal cans, not kitchen-sized!) were scented with Febreze. I guess the idea is to make your trash sweeter-smelling for the garbage truck????!!!

The box was in our garage. It has been removed to the tractor shed as it stunk up the garage even with the bags unopened inside.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Again, the best way not to have trash stink up your house? TAKE OUT THE TRASH. We were just over at my in-laws, and they were cooking a delicious dinner AND had the windows open to let in wonderful fresh air, but you couldn't appreciate either because of the air freshener they had plugged in

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
. . . but you couldn't appreciate either because of the air freshener they had plugged in
Oh yeah! The air fresheners always smell like something artificial and they make my eyes burn. My daughter has them plugged in or setting out all year 'round. Yuk!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't use any artificial air fresheners, but I have a friend that is a massage therapist and orders me certified organic rosemary and lemon oils. I found some cute little food prep dishes and I just put a drop or two in there and the smell is amazing. When I have friends over, I put in one of those scentsy things into the wall and put a couple drops in the top and turn it on. Obviously I don't put in any of the stinky wax stuff that scentsy makes, but when you add a little heat to the oil it takes it to a new level.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What I find the most disturbing about the commercials is after the blind fold comes off and they know they are in filth, they continue to sit on the nasty sofa!!!!!!!

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We seem to have developed into a "hoarder society". I would empty those nasty places completely out, wash down with hot water and TSP, bleach water if needed, vinegar in water. Fresh air and sunshine. Nothing is going to help get rid of the "nasty" till the nasty itself is gone.

Latest posts