Does Dirt Make You Happy?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why, @Carol Dee? There are no captions except copyright info.

I was just reading how messing around with your face nerves can relieve stress. Apparently, the yoga masters know all about this :).

It has to do with a major nerve into our face, tongue and throat. I'm guessing that's one important reason why eating makes people feel better; why talking may also; and why putting a smile on your face is such a good idea.

Here is one idea from that story anyone can try, yoga master or otherwise :). After exercise, wash your face ... no! Really. Use cold tap water and really submerge your face in it. Maybe you should blow bubbles ..!

Right now, I'm trying a little neck massage ...

magic digitS'

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Why, @Carol Dee? There are no captions except copyright info.

I was just reading how messing around with your face nerves can relieve stress. Apparently, the yoga masters know all about this :).

It has to do with a major nerve into our face, tongue and throat. I'm guessing that's one important reason why eating makes people feel better; why talking may also; and why putting a smile on your face is such a good idea.

Here is one idea from that story anyone can try, yoga master or otherwise :). After exercise, wash your face ... no! Really. Use cold tap water and really submerge your face in it. Maybe you should blow bubbles ..!

Right now, I'm trying a little neck massage ...

magic digitS'
I just had this mental vision that made me smile... ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVE DIRT!!!!!!!
Not only does dirt make me happy, but all things connected to dirt make me positively joyful. Stop and think about it. All of us are here because we love coaxing a tiny seed to come forth from the dirt, grow, bloom and reward us with the fruit of our labors. We become obsessed with our dirt, moving it, tilling it, balancing the nutrients in it, enriching it, posting pictures of our DIRT! My DH asked one night what I was reading and I showed him pictures of a tilled garden. Dirt.

Last time my grand daughter and I were working in the garden, I picked up a handful of dirt and told her, "This is life. Everything on earth depends on dirt for it's life. All life comes from dirt."

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Right on Baymule! I love to watch my flowers go from a seed to a full blown plant and then bloom! I baby my flowers like no other, but this year they did not like their environment, the weather, cool temperatures ect. But that will not stop me from trying again next year.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Of course I love dirt. Who doesn't? Next thing you know they're going to be measuring the sunlight and taking samples of spring air to find out why we like those too. :p

Latest posts