Dog Gone

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went back to the shelter today, my mind made up to get the dog, and found that she was already taken. Oh well. :oops:
I think the dog was a good match for me, but maybe not for DH, who is whom I need to try to match.
There will be others to choose from.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
We bailed out Hoviv,our McNab border collie, six years back. He's really a pretty good guy, always ready to help with the animals.

Attachments

• Hoviv1.jpg
    Hoviv1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 186

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
A much better idea is to pay a visit to a ethical purebred breeder with a known history as to what characteristics that it was bred for and no bad habits in the pup. The ethical purebred breeder will also provide a health certificate for the pup as well as a certificate of free from certain inherited health issues from the parents. Also, the ethical purebred breeder will give you an good idea of individual personality the pup is leaning toward. from birth. :thumbsup

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I once had a wolf mix who lived a long life. The first time I saw him I was at the shelter looking for a friend's missing dogs, and I fell in love. When I finally decided to get him, he had just been adopted by someone else. I was heartbroken. The shelter noted my two other dogs were in agility training, one of them being previously adopted from there. Overnight the dog developed a bad limp and the shelter vet decided he had previously been hit by a car. The shelter called the adopting family to tell them about the problem and see if they were willing and able to pay for a hip replacement if necessary. They weren't, I was. I went home with the dog! The next day the limp was entirely gone, never to return :)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend's sister got a wolf / husky mix from a rescue ... 10 days later, when they came home from work this animal literally ate the interior of their house. Furniture, walls, doors. :epIt was immediately returned.