Duck City

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Continuing saga of the vandalism - hit and run ... Last Thuesday, Enterprise car rental company called to say that they will pick me up at the body shop at 7:30 am with the rental car while my car is being repaired. Please bring your driver's license, and credit card so that the car driver can swipe my card for a $ 250 deposit.... W H A T !!!!! I then talked to the car rental co's manager and convinced him that this is not going to happen since my auto insurance is paying for the car rental, and he finally agreed. On this last Thurday at 4:45 in afternoon, a lady from Enterprise called to confirm the appointment of today Mon . 7:30 am pick up and to bring my driver's license and credit card... W H A T ??? NOT GOING to HAPPEN go and talk to the manager ... called back on Friday 3 PM and she said that the credit card $250 will be waived. Well, this morning at 7:30 AM, the Enterprise car rental company guy shows up, and asks me to show my driver's license and asks for my credit card to swipe it for $250 deposit.... @#$%^&* ... I then told him to call the manager, whereapon this driver apologized for my inconvenience, and delivered the car keys and the rental car to me. :he In this day and age of credit card fraud, would anyone here allow their credit card be electronically ( or the paper imprint type ) be swiped by anyone that just shows up and even NOT at a place of business ????? NOT ME ... I wasn't born yesterday . :duc

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
NYC has to be the easiest city to get somewhere. If you can count you can find your way around.

Provided you are staying pretty close to the Midtown grid, yes. But on the edges, there are plenty of places where you can get really lost. I particularly remember the time I wound up actually hamstringing myself trying to find a place on 7th Ave South in Greenwich village because no one told me that, when the street goes from 7th to 7th S all the street numbers reverse (go from decreasing to increasing like when you cross 5th) Actually, ALL of Greenwich village is a bit of a warren; Even having now gone wandering around there hundreds of times by now, I STILL need to mapquest if it isn't directly on my normal route.

And of course some of the private parks, which can make for some unexpected and long diversions (like the time I needed to go from 29th to 20th on Lexington, and though I could simply walk straight there.)

Latest posts