Duck poop water, how often to use?

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have 5 large ducks and they have a large 50 gallon rubbermaid tub as their pool (in addition to a rubber bucket that gets changed daily for fresh drinking water). The tub gets cleaned when it's gross, usually 2 times a week, but sometimes only once. I want to use the water to fertilize my veggie garden.

I've read through the duck poop watering posts on here and it seems like a good idea but I wasn't quite sure of the following:

1. Do you dilute the duck water down more or just scoop from the pool and put right on the plants? If you dilute is it a 1:1?
2. How often are you watering with this duck poop water? I have a variety of plants and I realize everything feeds differently but is every other week sufficient? Too much?

Those of you that have used duck poo water before on your plants did you have good results? Did you have a better yield or just greener, lusher plants? Did you harm anything by using the duck poo water?

Thanks for any advice.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I would be careful and conservative about duck-poop-water. Duck poop is very high in nitrogen, so I would dilute it down to 2 parts normal water 1 part duck-poop-water. It would be great for any legume crop, although I'd be reserved about using it on potatoes. I wouldn't use duck poop water as you get closer to harvest time. You want the plants to put nutrients towards etting fruit and flower, instead of making foliage.
Hope this helps :)

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Naw, I haven't been more than one person since the Commandomason thing on BYC..... oops, I said too much..... :hide

Or did you mean my swings from eccentry to sincerity? :lol:

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Okay, convincing someone they need ducks is Fun! :cool:
1 - You need ducks because the quacking is therapeutic.
2 - And you can trust me on that, because as far as you know, I could be a chiropracter :cool:

Latest posts