DUCKS for THEE in 2023

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Almost football season (that's the fast game where there is likely to be a score by the end of the first half, unlike "football" in the UK/Canada,) Here is some good advice:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Eva is adjusting, but at 5yo, I Really have to call this weekend to see if/when her breeder has more puppies.
DD's want me to wait until Christmas, bc, who ELSE deserves a Christmas puppy?!?!?
DH says get the puppy next month.
The horses do NOT want to play "chase and scream" with Eva. :hit

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will have some kind of Fall harvest this year, since I did get seed in the ground.
This year I get to enjoy YOUR labors and probably will prep my beds for 2024, which is something I Never seem to get to, anyway.
Still I have some picture to take this week before DH, DD and friend go to Alaska on Carnival (again.)
I plan to take melatonin and wine and sleep off the first two days of the cruise.
My back is healing up. I have been SO careful in the last year to not pull out my back while my legs heal up, and then...
Still, I am "bissing" little Pyglet, as DD's learned to say growing up.
I am Really sleep deprived bc of Pyg and the local government.
The nice thing is that the latter problem would go away immediately, should I win a lottery and move!! :lol:
Not like cancer.
I got both the new Water Supervisor And Treasurer approved Wednesday night. :celebrate
Pushing new Treasurer to get together with the banker to get paperwork signed so that the bills get paid.
I have instructed him to be at our September meeting, along with the new Water Supervisor who has Lots of ideas of how to spend money that we may/may not have on projects. Treasurer will be brutally honest as to our $assets.
We will be getting an audit, of sorts, so that all of the us on the board know where the money is.
LONG TIME COMING. I have been waiting 6 years for this, myself.
As one Trustee (12 years on the board) told me, when she started, there was financial transparency, which eroded into financial secrecy. Last mayor knew we had a financial problem but never dug in.
IF we are in financial trouble the board will Have to raise water rates to keep the EPA from closing our plant.
Water Supervisor disagrees. Atty has told me so, and I believe Her.
I am pinning the water company that we would have to buy from down to what they would charge us and I intend to have their rep to our meeting in October.
Certainly, $75/month, My suggestion, where you can petition our board for a payment plan and buy water from the town, is much better than the town paying a set amount and collecting or shutting off water of residents for nonpayment.
Something else...if the price gets too high, a few residents living on the edge, might abandon their homes, thus making the pool to spread the bill smaller...high yet payments.
See...headaches.
I intend to post the email where Embarrass water gives me their ballpark price, and handwrite
____/62 = YOUR new water $bill
Let the gossipy residents believe we are already buying from them.
I guess big problems can bring big victories.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
sounds like a mess but that is what small town politics can be like. we had an example some years ago from a localish small town that really got nasty. (it was in the news, Oakley MI, i'll leave it at that)...

good luck duckies! :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
BLT's for dinner this week. I grabbed one big tomato, top of the the vine broke, I brought in two large ones that weren't quite ripe, now they are both turning, probably ripe by Friday.
Still, sometimes it's good to take pruners with you. :rolleyes:
Today I am harvesting grapes, and then, we'll see what I get done in this terrible heat.
I fought my computer for an hour this morning to enable internet. :rant
I think I need a new one modem and a booster.
Tomatoes, 08-20-23.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am happy to report that I cleaned house for DD's yesterday. When they go away for the weekend I need to drive to feed their cats. There are the obligatory photos of each cat to prove that I did it.
Youngest DD took over Everything with our dinner and taking care of Pyg, even digging the grave and moving the 16in square pavers to cover it.
Monday my back was in terrible pain, I had some hives, so I had taken a benedryl.
I was worthless.
To thank them I cleaned up all of their dishes and the counters, and was in the process of sweeping the LR/DR/kitchen and using my Bissell floor cleaner on their kitchen, when they got back earlier than I expected.
We should ALWAYS remember, FAMILY COMES FIRST.
Funny, "Purrkins" has hurt his leg and I could NOT find him all weekend.
Eldest DD found him hiding under her bed. She shooed him out, he comes downstairs and goes to the window, like nothing happened.

Latest posts