Early tomatoes

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted two plants of regular Super Beefsteak tomatoes to compare them to the greenhouse varieties that I am growing. To my surprise, both plants have ripe fruit already. That said, I think, from what I see right now, that the greenhouse varieties will be better tomatoes. Still, ripe tomatoes this early is not too hard to take.

sb1.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah, right about now I'm dying for that first ripe tomato. Your's looks so good, I can almost taste it. :drool

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee, I was depressed enough when I saw the cukes- you really make me jealous every time you post a pic. I am trying a few tomato plants in the greenhouse- for an experiment...

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
"I am trying a few tomato plants in the greenhouse- for an experiment..."

Well good luck!! Don't forget photos.

Jack

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
jackb, I don't like tomatoes. Gasp!!! However, I am growing them. But my goodness, that is one beautiful tomatoe you have there! Nice picture.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
jackb, I don't like tomatoes. Gasp!!! However, I am growing them. But my goodness, that is one beautiful tomatoe you have there! Nice picture.
It is unusual to find a gardener who does not like tomatoes! Perhaps you like sweet peppers. I am picking some early to encourage the plants to produce more. :rolleyes:

peppers.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seriously???? You are going to convert me to hydroponics one of these days! Gorgeous!