Earthquake 6.0 in Napa Area

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary are you OK? Seeing pictures of earthquake damage on the news, I know how overblown the news can get, but I have to check on you! They are saying that some roads are buckled, some fires, grocery stores with all the shelves of food dumped in the floor. The news is saying no injuries reported, but just a big mess.

I know that when a hurricane strikes our area, the news blows it out of proportion, and it scares everyone to death. I just hope you and your family/friends are all OK with no damage. Big hugs!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
LA Times now reporting injuries. "At least 70 people."

(Link)

Since it was early on a Sunday morning, not too many people would be on the highways. Folks are probably circling and circling their homes, trying to assess damage.

Steve

Take a look at their Twitter pictures: (here)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are fine. I woke up and said to my husband "earthquake". It was a long one and I promptly went back to sleep after it was over.

Mary

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Nifty lives in the Bay Area as well. I hope he and his family are o.k.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nifty is on another plane of existence ...

Predictive text wanted to say, "planet!" Nifty's home probably has high tech cushions under it.

Yes. How is Nifty?? BYC people should be asking, also.

Steve

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I wish I knew, Steve. He doesn't usually come on on Sundays, it's family time, but I'm hoping he will let us know how they're doing. I've started a thread in the Staff section over there asking for news. I'll let you guys know if I hear something.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
LA Times now reporting injuries. "At least 70 people."

(Link)

Since it was early on a Sunday morning, not too many people would be on the highways. Folks are probably circling and circling their homes, trying to assess damage.

Steve

Take a look at their Twitter pictures: (here)

The young fella with the skateboard sure knows how to make the best of a bad situation!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@baymule I will. Happy Chooks also lives in CA, can't remember where exactly. I asked her and Rob to let us know if they're o.k. I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts