eclipse: 5:44 edt, 4:44 cdt, 3:44 mdt, 2:44 pdt

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
time of the greatest eclipse is the time noted.

You can watch online: (link)

Use that link to learn something of "the utmost importance:" eye safety.

Steve, the scold

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Argh, I forgot to look! I've been outside all evening cleaning up the garden. Just got too busy. :\ Our skies were clear and sunny too. Bummer.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did try to look directly at the solar eclipse this afternoon. It was only a partial one here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin. Every time I looked I ended up with liquid sunshine in my eyes. I finally went back inside to watch it on the evening news. It was a pretty wet and grey afternoon here.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was a nice afternoon here but it was behind the tree line before anything cool happened.
hanghead[1].gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw the new crescent moon yesterday evening.

Isn't that moon surprising how quickly it gets around?

Meanwhile ... The sun. Big news on http://www.spaceweather.com/ is that HUGE sun spot and solar flare! "AR2192 is the biggest sunspot in nearly 25 years, and it is still growing. The active region now covers 2750 millionths of the solar disk, an area equivalent to 33 planet Earths skinned and spread out flat." !!

Well, that is a little scary! Scott Simon talked to some people this weekend about what they are afraid of. A woman said she was afraid of the storm on Jupiter. That storm is the size of two Earths! Well, young lady, what do you think of the solar storm??

Jupiter is up before the sun right now so being out during the early evening hours of darkness would probably be less anxiety producing for anyone with similar extraterrestrial fears. Friday night might be especially relaxing and therapeutic ...

Steve (evil grin)

Latest posts