Excitement in Cluckville

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, you have to hear a faverolles hen when she goes into her egg song trance! usually its the other girls that aren't even on the nest or laying the egg! sort of sounds like a giggle with an occasional high pitched 'BAWK'!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ours sometimes do the team effort, When one of them lays an egg they all do the egg song at the same time. I bet babygirl is chomping at the bit to get her chance to find an egg LOL. congrats

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just looked out and there was no chickens out in the pen. Went and checked. Big Mamma's back in the nest and, just like yesterday...the other two are in the coop keeping her company. That's, kinda, amusing behavior, to me. Babygirl will be here soon to spend the night with PawPaw. Gonna let her "get" the egg.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow

Great news boggy, I bet you are both having great fun together looking after & observing the chicken family. I never tire of watching mine. I too am always excited when I go out to collect the eggs or hear the egg song. In fact yesterday I hit my own record for eggs since I started keeping hens 9 years ago......10 eggs in one day :celebrate They are doing a great job & I still have a few more pullets that haven't reached point of lay yet!!!
I am even more proud as all of them are ones I have raised from eggs (sat by my own broodies)....a real sense of achievement after the dreadful fox attack which decimated my flock a few years ago. So you & Babygirl have all that to look forward to in the future, after your sad dog attack.

Good luck & enjoy eating your eggs..... :drool

Hattie

Latest posts