Figs

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've had a fig tree since I bought my house but never paid any attention to it since I've lived here but this year I've been into canning anything and everything I can get my hands on and one of those things are figs. I found recipes on You Tube and plan to make fig Jam with this years harvest. I just went and picked a couple figs from our tree and realized darn these things are good. Look out, lots of fig jam this year, the chickens aren't going to get the best of this years crop!! :)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Trunkman,

Speaking of fig jam I just made a batch last night. I've made it before a few times, it does taste pretty good. I don't like adding tons of sugar when making the jam, I just add a little about a cup. Its way too sweet for me if I did add all that sugar.

Neko-Chan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Figs are incredibly sweet as is. You might want to preserve whole figs, as well. I hear some people like them.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Can up some figs in a light syrup. When it's time to serve them split them open, scoop out some of the insides and stuff them with cream cheese. The rather bland taste of the cream cheese cuts the sweetness. YUMMY!

dinkadoo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Can them per your regular recipe but add a package of strawberry jell-o, sugar free if you desire. Hard to tell them from the real thing.

Latest posts