Finished the netting. You can stop nagging! :P

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha
marshallsmyth said:
Yes it did, especially when CatJac i think it was said if I didn't get it done she'd have a better garden than me, and even more especially when someone threatened to have his ex wife nag at me. That one scared the beejeepers outa me! ...still shaking! I already barely survived the world's meanest woman back in the '90's!

Actually, when someone mentioned for me to do the groundwork and get back in shape before climbing the ladder was the best plan.

NinnyMary, looks like Monday or Tuesday I'll get the envelope sent off to you, and one to Russ too. Make sure you have a place to grow some dry beans. Some are bush, some are pole. I packed 4 envelopes packed full, put them into a baggie, and that into a bubble wrap envelope.

now, im in on the computer when i need to be outside gardening. someone chew me out for that!

BurgerBoy

Sprout
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Yes it did, especially when CatJac i think it was said if I didn't get it done she'd have a better garden than me, and even more especially when someone threatened to have his ex wife nag at me. That one scared the beejeepers outa me! ...still shaking! I already barely survived the world's meanest woman back in the '90's!

Actually, when someone mentioned for me to do the groundwork and get back in shape before climbing the ladder was the best plan.

NinnyMary, looks like Monday or Tuesday I'll get the envelope sent off to you, and one to Russ too. Make sure you have a place to grow some dry beans. Some are bush, some are pole. I packed 4 envelopes packed full, put them into a baggie, and that into a bubble wrap envelope.

now, im in on the computer when i need to be outside gardening. someone chew me out for that!
Why aren't you outside gardening???

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hide

I only just got light enough to go out and work in it, but ok, I'll do it. Had to relight my propane heater's pilot light too this morning. One more cup of espresso, and I'm back at it!

:coolsun

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is SO WEIRD that I'm breaking for lunch about the time you're finishing breakfast and heading out to start work.. :p

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane', I'll be joining you at the lunch table thru the summer. Maybe to pick up the crumbs, eh?

It is real common for me to have lunch at 8:30am. And, why not?!? I eat breakfast at 4:00! I see no reason I can't have lunch at 8:30 :/.

That way, there's some chance that I will have FOUR meals a day. Rising early has its perks and it isn't just fresh-brewed :p!

Marshall, have you got anything done in the garden, yet? I carried 2 cookie boxes of soil and seeds out to the greenhouse . . . This afternoon, the plan is to go over to the Little Veggie garden and prepare a bed for spinach and such. Probably plant some shallots but I'd better save something for Saturday. Have to take Sunday off, neighborly thing, you know. First venture into the garden in 2013 :)!

Steve

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm glad your weather has been cooperative! :smack

Just kidding... way to go! :hugs

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wallp Digit, kinda soon after I said I would, I got to my garden and to my other assorted chores too today...until I tan out of steam about 4 pm.

I got 2 10 cubic foot loads of forest compost in my lawn tractor wagon and almost filled a bed. (Some of the soil in some beds shrank a lot, and they all shrank at least a little, and I'd been moving it around to make next year's soil additions easier). I need probably about 10 more loads. Hopefully next year it'll only be about 5.

In the spirit of switching gears, I then raked a camper's burn area, dumped that in the burn pile, then grabbed my leaf blower and got another running start at another camp's leaves.

Gaining on it!

Then... which one is the biggest grin... :D :lol:

...oh boy, planted another 30 cells with late maturing pole beans! I'm bound and determined to get a more full crop of those this year! (Yes, I have the bubble wrap pack with bean seeds to send to Russ too!)

To get those planted, I first sieved some forest compost, then put it in a box and set it on my propane heater...only with me around for safety doing it...to at least semi sterilize it...then sieved it again, shaken down only this time, then got all 5 coir cell packs which includes the 2 already planted, what, yesterday, into the doubled up flat, wetted my soil, filled some wetted some filled some, etc., and made tags out of coffee can plastic lids, planted and marked, covered, wetted, and covered...should all be good..

did a quick measurement for my boss who emailed me this morning which i did not get until... hahaha! i have the coolest bosses! he emailed back saying the measurement was only for his curiosity!!!

ah! :) campers arriving for the weekend! :) HUMANS HERE this time of year. Imagine that?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
VFEM, I'll get to my mad scientist lab tonight around midnight and work on that weather controlling set of satellites. Should be ready in a year or so. Still have to get clearance with NASA or the ESA to launch them. One is a huge neutral grey mylar umbrella to cool areas off in the late afternoon during heat waves, and the other is a huge convex mirrored mylar reflector to add heat and light to areas that may be in danger of late frosts.

Course, these I'm working on are only small prototypes that will only open to 5 miles in diameter, but in order to get UN approval they wanted them this size for preliminary testing purposes.

And I have no help on this project either!!! Those Bigfoot kids who said they'd help me, (translated from their language of course, which includes figuring when yes means no not really just kidding), are still down in Baja I guess.

Please try not to blame me! I'm doing my level best. My mad scientist chambers have an automatic locking door that unlocks at 5 minutes to midnight, so I really can't get down there until then!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall... when those Bigfoot kids return from their Baja and Florida swamp vacations, they will discover that there is a HUGE depresion in the forest floor where you STOLE the forest compost :barnie and following your cornbread crumb trail that you inadvertently left behing, they will come accross your hidden booty. :somad Then, they will attempt to retrieve that composted bounty with their bare hands ( their growing medium for truffles :drool ) and since that nasty netting that you reconstructed is in the way, they will tear it to shreds. :rant And you expect the Big foot kids to help you in your mad scientist project ... GET REAL ??? :old