Found ACV with mother

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now, how much do I give them? Also, do I give plain water as well?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just a splash - something like a tablespoon/gallon. They don't need any other water... otherwise.. they just might drink that and not get any of the 'good stuff'.

Does anyone have that 'receipe' for making more 'mother'? That way Monty will never have to buy it again.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have made it with organic apples and water... I will dig out the procedure. It is super easy.

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi Monty, If you are having any issues with pasty butt the ACV will help with that. Also a "treat" of their normal feed with a little finely ground flax seed moistened with plain non fat yogurt will help keep them regular. Hope this helps:)

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks y'all! Nope, no pasty butt problems at all. Everyone is going normaly. I reduced the butt checks to every other day since for the last three days nobody needed any cleaning. I have had them on sav-a-chick probiotics since we got them.

BTW, does the ACV replace the probiotics?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't bother measuring with my rabbits. I just put a splash in the water bottle when I fill it. Vinegar won't hurt them and they seem to like the taste of the water better with the vinegar in it. I don't worry about the mother either. I just buy organic unprocessed. Sometimes it has mother, sometimes not.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
ICFAACVATGS. D!
(WNFWA?)

>>>I couldn't find any apple cider vinegar at the grocery store. Darn!

>>>Who needs full words anyway?

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I got a small bottle at a local organic food store. Bought a cheap gallon of pasturized ACV at WalMart. Poured out enough so that the small bottle of the unpasturized stuff would fit, dumped it in the gallon jug, left the lid cracked open a bit for oxygen and in a couple weeks...a whole gallon of cultured ACV. When that's about half gone, I get me another jug of the cheap stuff, pour a pint or so back and forth and keep it going. Think I'm on my 5th gallon now...and only once bought a pint of that 'spensive stuff ;)

Yep...about a tablespoon to a gallon of water...or a bit more. More won't hurt 'em but it's sort of a waste of money at least for us since they never drink all the water we put out and we toss it the next morning and replace it with fresh.

Don't be afraid to use it yourself too, Monty...it makes great salad dressing and the probiotics are as good for us 2 legged critters as it is for other types :)

Latest posts