Frost Panic attack...update photo post 10

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have my little greenhouse full naturally and everything is doing fabulous. Last night temp lows were suposed to be 36...decided to tough it out and see how they would do...

I got no sleep, was up every hour checking the remote thermostat..all was good till 4:15 am I checked it and it said 33 F, I went into a panic, threw on my coat and shoes and ran out to check my babies... All seemed to be fine, so I checked the other thermometer that is out there (parinoid!) It said 36 F, so I felt better (it is located more in the center where the remote one is closer to the south door.

Tonight there is a frost warning out and calling for 32 F, I am not going through that again, I am hauling all of em in the house, somehow they will all fit...I will sleep better tonight!!!

Christie :barnie

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Better safe, than sorry! We have snow predicted for this weekend. Ugh! Not actually supposed to go below freezing, so I am leaving my cold frames closed and hoping for the best. Spring will be here soon-- I think!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yes, no doubt! I completely understand!!!

We had one way cool night last week and I was so panicked at 10:30pm I was out covering all my tomatoes in glass jars. Even though it only got down to 38... I wasn't ok with that!!!

I hope they all fit inside nicely, and that you are lucky enough to get a full nights rest.... most of all, I hope this is the LAST frosty night you'll have to worry about!!! :fl

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Better safe, than sorry! We have snow predicted for this weekend. Ugh! Not actually supposed to go below freezing, so I am leaving my cold frames closed and hoping for the best. Spring will be here soon-- I think!
Darn lesa...I'm beginning to wonder if spring will ever get to you.
Snow.....bummer

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

There is a frost warning for tonight in my area of England so I am not setting my plants out till next week. I can wait! The warning for last night's frost was in vain here as it the temperature didn't get that low. I have a new 50metre roll of floating row fleece arriving early next week.....!! In the UK our weather is so unpredictable we need to have it on hand (this lot was on extra special offer). Too good a chance to miss.

Good luck to everyone who is desperate to get sowing & planting out! :bee

:rose Hattie :rose

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're under frost warning too. I've got a thing or two to cover in the garden with plastic and a couple flats of seedlings to bring in (hardening off).

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is 39 degrees and hailing- I wish I had be born with a little more patience! Maybe I'll transplant the inside tomatoes, just to scratch the itch! Good luck everyone!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, Good Luck to everyone!!
I hope the frost wont keep your gardens under attack.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, I finally got them all moved in...it seems like alot more coming back in than when it went out!!!!!!!!
Here is a photo of my dining room right now. You can't see the plants under the table, on the bench, the otherside of the table, and the overflow that is in the kitchen!

5568_rose-plants_020.jpg

That was a workout! :weight
Christie

Latest posts