Garden experiment

bcallaha

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
DigitS, your second paragraph describing the hours in the hot sun with a hoe pretty much sums up my early years. That's one reason I didn't like gardening very much then.

I learned a lot from my dad about gardening. It's amazing how smart we are as kids, but later on we learn that our parents weren't so dumb after all!!! Sometimes it just takes a while for the lessons to sink in......

Brad

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bcallaha said:
injunjoe, you didn't offend me.....I'm sorry if I said anything that made you think that.

Brad
Sorry it was not you.

Forgot my meds.

Welcome to the board and look forward to seeing more of you gardening pictures.

Peace; Joe

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh horray! Gardening is an emotional, physical and MAGICALLY experience I believe. I started mine because I remembered doing so much with my grandparents in theirs.
However, when I decided to create one I was stumped on how to go about it. Of course after lots of work and lots of TEG I am pleased this year too.

I have to say, I am very happy to read your post because now I know, all those lurkers are actually using the site and not just laughing at us silently in the shadows! :lol:

:welcome

Reaction score
What a GREAT start!!! You will be hooked forever for sure!!! (Oh and you have a very pretty wife!!).

Where do you live? Add it to your personal info so that others in your area can be inspired!!!

Do you live somewhere where you can have a winter garden??? If so, you can have this fun year round!!

Thanks for sharing!

Cindy

bcallaha

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'll probably be more active next year since I know I can grow things.....at least I won't be totally ashamed of my efforts.

#1CaliforniaChick - I don't know what I'd do without my wife. She's everything I'm not, so together, we're a pretty good team!!

I live in S.W. Indiana, near the Ohio river. We have about 5-6 months of garden time. We have winter here, just enough to appreciate the spring and summer months!! We get some snow, but not a whole lot....just enough to cause havoc since we're not used to it!! We get cold here, but not for very long.

Brad

Latest posts