Garden humor thread..

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read this aloud to my husband. After a moments silence he said "Doritos sound good..."
Better call me so we can analyze this momentous comment and spend hours trying to figure out the significance of what he might have meant. Was he hungry? Did you fix enough food for supper? Was he disappointed in what you cooked and still hungry, is he trying to assuage his hunger pains with Doritos? Did he not like supper and is too nice to hurt your feelings? Did he really want ice cream and you forgot to buy some, disappointed, he is substituting Doritos? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Better call me so we can analyze this momentous comment and spend hours trying to figure out the significance of what he might have meant. Was he hungry? Did you fix enough food for supper? Was he disappointed in what you cooked and still hungry, is he trying to assuage his hunger pains with Doritos? Did he not like supper and is too nice to hurt your feelings? Did he really want ice cream and you forgot to buy some, disappointed, he is substituting Doritos? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bay, I think it may be something along those lines...it may actually have something to do with the lunch I packed him this morning. He may have been trying to subtly communicate his desire for more junk food and fewer carrot sticks and celery. Or it may be linked to his childhood competition for food with his brothers, who would swipe the good stuff and hoard it in secret places, leaving him with an unfulfilled need for salty crunchy snacks.
We should delve into this on a deeper level. I'll continue to observe him and record his food references.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is not my own work and I admit freely that this was taken from another site.

Andy an 80-year-old Scotsman went to the doctor for a check-up..
The doctor was amazed at what good shape he was in and asked: 'How do you stay in such great physical condition?'
'I am Scottish and I am a gardener, ' said Andy: 'and that is why I
am in such good shape. I am up well before daylight and out gardening all day. I have a wee glass of whisky, and that's it.'
'Well,' said the doctor, 'I am sure that helps, but there has to be more
to it. How old was your Dad when he died?'
'Who said my Dad died?'
The doctor was amazed.
'You mean you are 84 years old and your Dad is still alive
How old is he?'
He is 105 years old,' said old Andy. 'In fact he worked in the garden
wi' me this mornin', and then we went to the topless beach for a walk
and had anither wee dram and that is why he is still alive.
He is a Scot and he is a gardener, too.'
'Well,' the doctor said, 'that is great, but I am sure there is more to it
than that. How about your dad's dad? How old was he when he died?'
'Who said my Grandad is dead?'
Stunned, the doctor asked, 'You mean you are 84 years old and your
grandfather is still living! Incredible, how old is he?'
'He is 127 years old,' said the old Scottish gardener
The doctor was getting frustrated at this point:
'So, I guess he was gardening with you this morning too?'
'No. Grandad couldnae help this mornin' because he is getting married today'
At this point the doctor was close to losing it. 'Getting married!!
Why would a 127 year-old bloke want to get married?'
'Who said he wanted to?'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
984042_697501443625902_4967572008594936623_n.jpg

Latest posts