Garden humor thread..

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
rock garden.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy My sister has a Great Pyrenees she can not keep at home. Turn your back and she is OFF!

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
For a stay-at-home dog, get one like my chocolate lab. She seldom gets further away than a shady tree when I'm working in the garden. Otherwise she has her nose stuck behind my right knee.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a Great Pyrenees, raised the chain link fence another 2' to keep her in. She hates the neighbors behind us and hits the fence with her paws on the top of the chain link, biting the wire we put up, barking and shaking the wire. Fortunately they are tolerant of her, they even like her because she barks at everything that goes on over on their street. She hates motorcycles and bites the wire in an effort to get to them when they go down the street. I think she would take one down if she were loose.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Worst for me are beagles and beagle crosses. Friendly but nosey. Once they start sniffing, they are GONE.

We get a lot of stray beagles passing through here. A lot of folks keep them for rabbit hunting and they get separated from their pack. I've lost more chickens to beagles than any other breed. DH had a beagle-mix when we first married. She was a sweet dog though and such a cute face.