Garden is moved!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A shovel and hard dirt.....I can so relate to that! A woman's ingenuity! You solved that problem! :lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
You sure have been working hard. you will be rewarded richly when the produce begins to ripen. Yum.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can transplant carrots? Didn't know.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy Sec!

Say ya got some wild looking Carrots growing wild around your place?

Wellp, they probably are wild carrots. They are usually called Queen Anne's Lace. They can be kind of pretty.

Couple things about them though. They go to seed like crazy, and next ya know they'll take over the world.

Other thing about Queen Anne's Lace wild carrots is, If you're going to save seeds from your garden carrots, and wild carrots are growing anywhere near, all the books say they'll cross.

I mean, I've taste tested wild carrot roots. Stringy things, bland and sharp. I suppose they'd help a lost hiker survive, but nowhere near as good as a Nantes.

About transplanting carrots. See, all the books and smart modern humans tell gardeners not to transplant carrots mainly for 2 reasons.

Then along comes Sec! Proves them ALL wrong!

They say one plant and one carrot that ripens up to eating in 60 to 90 days from a seed is a wasted several steps, especially since "they" say the tap rooted plants don't transplant well.

That's why some folks are remarking about you transplanting those carrots. Can't blame them, and they are all nice remarks too!

You showed that some of what we've been reading since Gutenberg first tried his printing press can turn out to be wrong.

So, folks are gonna want to keep up with your Carrot's progress! :)

Yea!

And then, let's write a set of corrections to all those carrot growing instructions!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll get new pictures, but the carrots are growing, not so much the green tops as much as the orange root, I can see some of them where before there was nearly nothing there. :D
I'll be planting carrots like this every year! Seeds never grew when planted outside for me!

Stuck the spidery potatoes in what dirt was left. Will have to go buy more to cover them with.

There's one plant I forget what it is, but the little beetles got to them and the soap/water only helped to kill the plants further.....Other plants growing between those in the same bed are growing well.
Vines and tomatoes are also looking good.

Rained today, but been watering the corn, might skip a day once they start sprouting.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, I only lost the one I beat up by accident, rest of the carrots are doing great.

Yes, queen anns lace, I remembered the name after posting! I don't let them flower, but I see the pretty leaves all the time. I mow often and most things quit once summer shows up, then I let it grow so I can make hay.

I found some other grasses I'll be posting a new thread on, one looks interesting and I want to save the seeds if it is what I'm hoping it is.

I'll get new garden pics tomorrow.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
c.jpg

corn.jpg

tt.jpg

vn.jpg

cc.jpg

p.jpg

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
D*mned blackbirds!!!
I save their babies every year and how do they repay me??
By eating all the planted corn!!!!
They are scratching like chickens!!
Looked around and some of them had 1 inch long sprouts already!

Going to the store tomorrow for more deer netting.
Hate animals so much sometimes....

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Put up the netting last night, reseeded the corn today. Blackbirds haven't been seen flying down yet.
ggg.jpg

Latest posts