Garden on the forest edge.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh really? Unfortunately, our visas are not issued to foreign bunny! Someone have to clean after their own bunny on their own territory. Send a shovel?:D

I also can not make it to the merits, which is so trustingly looks at me.

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
In our climate is better to grow tomatoes in a greenhouse. In August, the cold nights and the dew. This brings the disease tomatoes in the garden. Greenhouse protects them. I bought so many seeds of different selection. I ranwith them as a chicken with egg. I plant them, but I did not like the result. If they are not sick, it has low palatability. And suddenly, in the supermarket, I bought fresh cherry tomatoes. The taste amazing! I took the seeds and planted them. They are the best tomatoes now for me.
View attachment 10926
View attachment 10927
View attachment 10928
I wish we could exchange seeds but, I think that is illegal.Wouldn't that be fun?

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My seedlings grew illuminated at 75,2F. It's enough for a start, but a lot of further growth. Therefore, it is necessary to temper. It is necessary to make the balcony, where the temperature is now 55,4 F. This should be done gradually. First, after 30 minutes in the cool of the leaves began to fall. It's stress. So I once again carried away in the heat. But every day I kept it all in the cool longer. And now she is not down leaves.
Today, I'll leave it on all night. Besides, I hope that it will help curb the rise. After all, planted in the ground in our climate it can be only at the end of May. Then I will add the ground to the trunks to induce growth of lateral roots.
Last year I bought a liquid substance to curb growth. The instructions stated that the seedlings will cease to grow 2 weeks, but it will be more robust. I do not like - on the leaves appear yellow stains.
Some gardeners have early planting tomatoes, and in May, cut them in cuttings. It turns out a few sturdy plants. Someone keeps peppers 2 years digging in the fall and again in spring planting. Then the peppers in the second year immediately begin to bear fruit. Sorry, I have no place to store the peppers.
IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0259.JPG IMG_0255.JPG
This, of course, part of the seedlings. I have a few boxes. Well, I'll give away part, the part will change.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mint is growing rapidly. I take her to the garden. On the balcony in the summer often appears spider mite. Perhaps because the park nearby. I spray the plants. Thereafter mint can not be added to the drink.
IMG_0256.JPG

And in the nature in the mite many natural enemies. For example, we have a bug.
scorpio.jpg

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I bought a couple of times. Unfortunately, they are in the store warm and growing rapidly. But fortunately, they are restored in the garden.
IMG_0264.JPG
I put on the germination of tubers of begonias for garden containers. In the cool, they grow slowly, and it was good.
IMG_0266.JPG IMG_0267.JPG
I started cuttings houseplants for container. It will Impatiens, root begonias, fuchsia and pelargonium.
IMG_0265.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think spider mites here are coming off of evergreen trees and attacking the gardens. Certainly, I have seen evergreens with lots and lots of mites!

Confession: I worry that by spraying and killing earwigs, I am killing mite predator. However, the earwigs ( Forficula auricularia) are eating the dahlia, also. Those are ornamentals so I use real poison.

I have found that I can kill spider mites fairly well with insecticidal soap.

Steve

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think earwigs do more harm than good.
I also get rid of spider mites. I wash plant with Zoo - shampoo with permethrin. Then I spray fitoverm. Several days later repeated.
Fitoverm - a biological product 4-th generation. Active substance: aversectin S.
Fitoverm destroyed by natural factors for 5-7 days, so are the safest in the application to fruit crops. It is non-toxic to animals.

Latest posts