Garden on the forest edge.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you spray with a horticultural oil you can prevent the powdery mildew. You just have to start before the mildew shows up and then once every other week.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy , along with Red's advice, sometimes with lilacs in particular if you haven't pruned at the wrong time and it still only blooms every second year try removing half of the flowers as soon as you can see them. This usually works and you'll see flowers the next year.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of lilacs, Nyboy, are you still looking for wild mulberry trees? I found several very tiny starts I could send to New York.
YES YES YES please send. I don't care what the berries taste like , I am growing for the leaves.
Did I mention VERY TINY started seedlings? These are the size I'd plant in small pots and put in the "nursery" for TLC for a couple years before planting in their forever home.

They actually do taste very good -- think mulberry wine -- but they are everywhere around here. I can spot the babies and there are a dozen or more in the turn-around that I will collect and send on to you, Nyboy, so hopefully by week's end they'll be home in New York.

Latest posts