Garden Tour

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bobm, I hope you are doing much better by now. I wasn't following this thread for several days, and had no idea you had been sick. I have had experiences with doctors who have a god complex, and share your frustration. The other thing is doctors who only see you as "a kidney" or "a bowel resection" or whatever their specialty is. My friend had a bowel resection and no one--not a doctor or nurse--bothered to tell her that her normal functioning would be totally out of whack when she finally got hooked back up. No one told her to eat yogurt, or suggested how to get the good bacteria going again. She has been miserable for nearly a year. (But the operation was a "success"!):somad

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was the big day in the neighborhood for the garden tour :watering ... the hords decended upon my place even before the starting time of 10AM and was a constant nonstop wave of ooglers untill way past 4 PM ( the official ending time). :throw My wife baked blueberry ( harvested from our garden) scones as sample treats. They were such great hits that she had to bake 2 more batches. :drool Good thing that I had 2 Master Gardeners to help in meet and great and answering questions. :celebrate I started to loose my voice by 3PM. :duc I had 7 serious inquiries to design/ redo their landscaping ( including one Master Gardener for 8 years) . :plbb But alas, one needs to get a landscaping licence from the state of Washington first, so I declined. :he Loss of many income $$$$ ! :hit Man, I am still tired this morning ! :caf

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure that it was a lot of fun even though it was a lot of work. Isn't it all worth it?

Are you fully recovered now?

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could come and design my garden/lawn. I could pay you under the table. :D I am woefully inept at seeing "the big picture" when it comes to outside design.
Seriously, tho, what does it take to get a license? Do you have to go to school or just get bonded? Might be worth your trouble, if you have any desires to do that.
So glad that your tour was a success. :clap Happy you could physically do it, too.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
How wonderful! Glad you had such an appreciative audience. I would love to see pics too!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
congratulations! I know that feels great. your wife was so smart to bake those scones. yum. hope you can post pics some time of your garden. would love to see it

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would love to post some photos... but alas, my digital camera was stolen some time ago then my 35 mm and my laptop won't speak the same language. Add operator error and one only gets to see a white rabbit in a snowstorm. :hu So, the best option for today is to pop on over for a couple of leftover blueberry scones ( before I gorge myself ) and view the gardens in person. :drool

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good for you, Bob!

Wonderful to provide the viewers with a good time & some education.

But, just imagine how tired you would have been if you'd had to move all those river rocks, boulders, and all that crushed rock around someone's yard, money or no money!

Steve

:th

Latest posts