Goin' to the Dogs!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Black tea for me this morning with lots of cream. Scrambled one of the farm-fresh eggs for myself that I was able to score yesterday. A successful egg quest! One dozen chicken eggs and 1/2 dozen duck eggs!
Eggs.JPG

This after the two hungry dogs got their cut.
TwoHungryDogs.JPG

Mabel's (right in photo above) breakfast:

MabelsBreakfast.JPG

The raw meat is from HareToday, meat, organ meat, & bones, finely ground, in this case venison.

I have to cook for little Miss Picky, aka my little bug-in-the-rug (below) because the only raw food she will eat is chicken, and then only a little. I prepare her various cooked foods for her by finely chopping pasture-raised meat, that I buy for myself, and adding ground eggshell, and the dates on the lids are when I froze each particular batch. The paper bowl held part of an egg mixed with ground pork that was slightly cooked/warmed in microwave. A lot of work, but when you are a dog past your 16th birthday, you deserve to have your whims catered to.
CocoasBreakfast.JPG

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you @SPedigrees for loving and caring for your old friends. It warms my heart.
Unfortunately many people do not share the love and compassion that you have. I was at the Hyundai dealer yesterday getting the oil changed in my car. A couple came in with a grossly obese weiner dog. His belly almost dragged the ground. She told me he was 16 years old and has problems. His medication is costing $300 a month. Then her phone rang, her conversation shifted to the dog. She complained that they are going on vacation and boarding will be $36 a night, plus the cost of his medication plus dog food…… The kicker came when she said that they were going to have find him a good home!

For 16 years he has been her friend, now she wants to dump him. By his looks, I’d guess a lot of his health problems are from over feeding him. I wanted to scream at her. I had to leave the waiting room.

Whew! I had to vent about that horrible woman.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you @SPedigrees for loving and caring for your old friends. It warms my heart.
Unfortunately many people do not share the love and compassion that you have. I was at the Hyundai dealer yesterday getting the oil changed in my car. A couple came in with a grossly obese weiner dog. His belly almost dragged the ground. She told me he was 16 years old and has problems. His medication is costing $300 a month. Then her phone rang, her conversation shifted to the dog. She complained that they are going on vacation and boarding will be $36 a night, plus the cost of his medication plus dog food…… The kicker came when she said that they were going to have find him a good home!

For 16 years he has been her friend, now she wants to dump him. By his looks, I’d guess a lot of his health problems are from over feeding him. I wanted to scream at her. I had to leave the waiting room.

Whew! I had to vent about that horrible woman.
I have a t-shirt that says: "DOGS because people su*k" but I seldom/never wear it out in public for fear people will take it the wrong way! Some people live up to this motto for sure.

Over the years, we've been home to many animals (acquired at young ages) in the twilight of their lives to the point where we were like an old folks home for geriatric critters. Our horses lived into their 30s, cats into their 20s, and dogs into their teens, and it has always been gratifying to care for them all in their old age.

We got Mabel (the sheltie) as a puppy 12 years ago, but Cocoa was part of a bonded pair that I adopted 2+ years ago after their owner died. They arrived with their beds, toys, and vet records. Sadly the other half of this duo passed away a few months ago. I can't even imagine the trauma these two went through losing the person who had cared for them all their lives from puppyhood. My fear has always been of leaving one or more homeless pets behind when I go, so Mabel and Cocoa will be my last animals.

On a completely off-topic tangent, are you also dealing with the latest scam of software vulnerabilities allowing KIA and Hyundai cars to be stolen? I have a KIA and now lock it with a new steering wheel lock before leaving my car in a parking lot. So crazy!! And now it seems thieves can hack into and start your car by accessing a key fob in your home remotely, so I've wrapped key fobs to my 2 cars in aluminum foil (I never trusted these and use so-called valet keys) and I'm awaiting the arrival of tin boxes to store foil-wrapped key fobs in. May you and your car stay safe, and may those who abandon their old pets find themselves abandoned in an old folks home themselves! Take care.

Last edited: