Gorgeous Zinnia! *NEW PICS, POST 1*

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well,

I planted a whole row of Zinnias in my garden this year. They were supposed to be Thumbelinas, but since some are getting close to 2.5-3 ft tall, I dont believe that is true! I found a plant yesterday that had these flowers on it, and I was amazed. They are gorgeous, to say in the least. If I saved seeds from these flowers, do you think they would bloom like this next year? I have noticed that some will fade as they put on more petals, but all of the petals are the same size, that is what is throwing me off here. Any explanations? lol

428.jpg

429.jpg

431.jpg

Well, I FINALLY found the plant! The thing was hiding from me, haha. I clipped off 6 more blossoms, but there were still plenty on it. THEN, my grandma asked me why I just didnt let them dry on the plant. To be honest, I didnt think about it! Anyways, I grabbed 6 of them, and the big one in the middle just because it was beautiful.

789.jpg

790.jpg

DDRanch

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Very pretty. I plant zinnias every year and just love the colors and the length of time they last. I plant the giant mix and the whirlygigs.
Anne

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
To answer your question Jordan, they should come back the same as last year assuming they are not a hybrid or they came from a source that produces sterile plants. Let some heads dry up on the stems and then save the seeds. Let them dry out on newspaper for a week or so in somewhere cool and dry.

The faded petals thing is normal, don't worry. Mine do that too. The newer part of the plant comes out and the older fades away.

Nice job though, pretty flowers!

Latest posts