GROWING A COCONUT TREE IN PITTSBURGH PA

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
a pomegranate tree is on my wanted list for spring, I was worried a NY summer might not be hot or long enough to ripen fruit. Red point out I could leave in green house during summer for more heat. Do you remember what variety yours is. Really enjoyed your videos, I am also tring to grow potted citrus in the north. Your citrus looked healthy can you tells us more about them?
Logees in Ct. sell a lot of fruiting plants meant to be grown indoors.

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It tasted really yummy! and awesome this spring it will flower a lot but it will take a few years until it's mature enough to get fruit you can eat. Also it's a very pretty looking plant, plus humming birds love the flowers.

pax12

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dude I got so jealous when you picked that pomegranate it was size of your hand. How did it taste? What is your zone?

I think Pittsburgh's zone is 6

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 Thanks for tip on Logees very cool fruit trees, need to go back when I have more time. have you ever ordered from them?
Yes I have. Many flowering plants are very slow.I no longer bring in too many plants because off insect problems so i haven't bought of late. I try not to look at the catalog when it arrives because I want everything. Nice plants. I visited the greenhouses years ago when the 98 year old owner/mother was still alive. I was looking for a plant I saw in a magazine . She hesitated a moment and they rattled off a 3-word, long latin name for it and where i could find it. It was full of tropical fruit ready too be picked. A wonderful place to visit. Get their catalog-you will just die!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 Thanks for tip on Logees very cool fruit trees, need to go back when I have more time. have you ever ordered from them?
I frequently do. Everything I have gotten from them has had a well-developed root system and is bigger than the cheaper catalog offerings.

I regret to say that I have them on speed dial right after Trade Winds.

My name is Smart Red and I am a plantaholic.

Latest posts