Growing a tomato plant indoors using a LED light

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
JackB your stuff always looks great. I am looking at a greenhouse for this year. How is your heated?
I use a small fan forced electric heater from Home Depot ($19) It has a thermostat with various power settings. I have it on timer, and it turns on at nine at night and off at ten in the morning. The thermostat is set for 45 degrees. I have also used a small electric oil filled radiator that works well. Being in upstate New York, I have the greenhouse closed now until March, and I am growing indoors.
Jack

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
This project turned out very well. We have given some tomatoes away and still have some left. My next project will be Mountain Princess tomatoes and Giant Marconi peppers, but I will be bumping into seed starting for the greenhouse.

harvest.jpg

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Mountain Princess tomatoes and Giant Marcon peppers are growing nicely. The pepper plant is five weeks from the date I took the seed from the package, and it has flower buds forming, which I am removing until the plant gets larger. Ava has Little Green Sprout watching over this grow, so I am confident that all will go smoothly. :)

gm-1.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMG, Jackb I don't know how I missed that pic of those tomatoes!!! Holy cow- they are beauties! Looks your second experiment with the peppers will work out equally well. With green sprout watching, what could go wrong??

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:throw

How many watts does that heater use?

That is a great tomato plant!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
:throw

How many watts does that heater use?

That is a great tomato plant!
I use two depending on the night temperature. The small white electric uses 1300, the oil filled is selectable, 600, 900 or both. I will use one or the other, but not both. And, they do not run all night as they are on timers.

brandylorton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Great job done guys . After all any circumstances you have got success in growing the tomato hydroponically. IT takes a lots of efforts to to do it as i have the tomato too so i know a bit.