Guess what came in the mail!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Knowing @marshallsmyth, he'd probably recommend a spot near HIS beans for it. As a matter of fact, I have just the perfect spot myself.

I have frequently harvested blackberries growing in a small clearing in the woods, so I'd guess they don't need full day sun. The place is up to you and either should work, but if I wanted to avoid additional pricklies, I'd go with the 8 hour sun space.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK, still waiting for dedicated thread for this special berry. Think out the thread title so it may attract searches for this berry plant. Maybe we can get new members, the Gaspe flint corn thread brought @marshallsmyth to us!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh that's so NICE!!!

Plant it where it can grow like crazy with no competition at all. Get as much growth on it as you can, and then next year try to do several tip layers to propagate that little beauty.

See if you can make 100 plants out of it in 3 years. They are so rare that I think propagating them is more important than getting lots of berries. You'll still get a good sampling of berries even if the main project is propagation.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just got back from being out of town. It looks exactly the same! My husband is really good at packing things. I love it when I go grocery shopping and he puts the groceries away. My fridge looks like it could be on a magazine after he's done. :)

Glad it's now you who people will bug for cuttings. :D

Mary

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It has new growth on it already, it is about two inches taller today then it was when it arrived. :)I transplanted it to a large pot until I can build it it's own raised bed.:D

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
THE SNOWBANK IS GETTING READY TO BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee It h:weeeas tiny tiny little flower buds, that are just emerging!!!!!!!!!
and it has four little shoots that I am going to try and separate. The shoots are about two inches tall and not attached to the main plants! So that makes on for @ninnymary one for my neighbor, and two others any one want them? @marshallsmyth @digitS' @bobm ( I'll bet you could really get them going.) @thistlebloom @canesisters @Smart Red @TheSeedObsesser or any one else?

Latest posts