Happy (or not) Groundhogs Day.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
lots of ground hogs where i lived in West Virginia and they have followed me down to Arklahoma in the past few years so hang on baymule, they are on their way to texas.
Not if she see them 1st! :ep

Last edited:

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's too rocky at my place for any ground dwellers other than 'dillos. I just fence them out of my gardens and enjoy them in my natural areas because they are comical and endearing. They don't eat the plants, but anywhere that is watered will attract the grubs they desire. Unfortunately they uproot plants to get the grubs and if not replanted quickly the victims will wither in the afternoon sun.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
today has been wonderful 57* bluebird skies and tomorrow will be the same but 65*
have the campfire area ready for tonights fire, picked carrots green onions and bok choi from the beds for tonights dinner.
woodchucks are good eating if cooked right mainly in a brunswick stew. have a friend that hunts rabbits and squirrels every april he has a big stew dinner thats good stuff...
oh has the weather up north...????

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
No ground hogs here ether. Here in the Sierra range we have so little snow this year. I can see the earth every where. This time of year we would normally have ten foot of pack. Not good.

It's been raining now for a couple days, with more to come, very bad for the snow pack and for ski resorts.

Latest posts