desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
digitS' said:
DL,

This thread .

. . is from December of 'o9.

Steve
Oh ! I didnt pay attention to the dates ! I just read the more recent thread and then got confused why we are getting a freeze in the middle of May !! But I am sure it happens in some areas!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your response, DL, sent me off to look at antipodes again . . :rolleyes: Antipodes, Wikipedia . . . figuring May on the opposite side of the Earth must have some freezing weather.

Unfortunately, directly opposite the United States is the Indian Ocean. You could fit the entire country in there and hit no more than a few, wind-swept rocks - if that. Where are the weather stations?? Of course, I can check my own line of latitude in the southern hemisphere - - boring! Other than crossing thru Chile and Argentina in what must be the most uninhabited parts of those countries, I can't hit land that way either!! (Your mileage may vary ;).)

I'm tempted to go back to McMurdo Station in Antarctica to show what truly miserable May weather is but, I think everyone had quite enuf of that :/.

Steve
still having a hard time believing that the Weather Service claims to have several nights in the 30's in store for his garden

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, it's still too early to plant Beans or Tomatoes in southwest Montana. I rarely dared leave anything out before June 1st there.

I'm pretty sure that NASA likes the antinode of here to drop satellites and things out of orbit. Hmmm, aren't there a couple of Seychelles islands somewhere in that area? I'll have to google map it sometime.