Hello 2013 !

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSC00605_zpsa539299f.jpg

DSC00606_zpsf5118149.jpg

Steve
having shifted to lemon verbena & anise hyssop tea after nearly doing the "splits" on the icy step to the greenhouse :rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry the pictures are so large :/ . . . I wonder if I can edit in the gallery and if they will disappear on here if'n I do . . . We will see, I can always edit them back into the thread.

Ummm . . . they are the first of my Green Companions here in the south window. Well, the snapdragons are. They will be joined by some "Rockets" - which I'm expecting to shoot up with a little sunshine! Topper and Madam Butterfly.

The greenhouse picture is one of a couple of the onion flats in there. You can see the problem with loading up an entire flat with potting soil - the crack from moving it around. Of course, it could have cracked from freezing . . . just kidding. The first flat of Ovation onions has been out there with others for about a month. They've had quite a bit of warmth - for onion seed ;).

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cute babies! I like big pictures. Hope that's not a problem because the pics I post are always huge... :hide
I'm feeling like I'm getting behind on seed starting, but I'm not doing cool weather stuff, so I guess I'm still okay.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yaaayyyyy, green!

I got my first little sprout yesterday...a wee broccoli poked its head above the soil...almost looks like a little 4 leaf clover. Of course, I picked up the container (an old cottage cheese carton) to admire it and then promptly dropped it! :( The sprout survived, but I'm not sure if any of the other seeds in the container were in the soil that came out of it. Sheesh! Note to self: look, admire...do not touch! LOL

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mickey, I have dropped an entire flat of plants :/. Sometimes, most of them survive.

Yes, dropping a flat of plants is one of my signature moves.

The trick is to not end up face down amongst them :rolleyes:.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSC00607_zpsc2e94231.jpg

Do you know that there are "sounds for the nursery?" Probably you younger parents know about that - "music" that quietens babies and help them sleep :). Of course, you don't open the drapes and hope the sunshine comes in.

If it does, I will partially close the plastic lid and only allow the sunlight to reach the seedlings thru the double pane window and the plastic for the 1st day or 2.

Okay, come on sun! Gotta get some of those older Jalapeno seeds growing, too!

Steve :cool:

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, LOOKING GOOD! I don't envy you transplanting all of those seedlings though. Oh, my aching back! I spent part of the day transplanting some seedlings that had roots growing out of the cubes. Rather than use all of my nice plastic labels for plants that would have to be replanted in the future, I decided to use blue masking tape made for painting to identify the pots. This tape is easy to remove so I just wrote the variety with permanent marker. The tape is visible just above the tray.

Jack B

tape_zps1f701e26.jpg

Latest posts