Hello from Northeast Ohio

Pucksfolly

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am from the Akron area, and grow a veggie garden for food and canning and an herb garden for spice/medicine/livestock/natural dyes.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome. Always good to have more input.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hiya from Missouri. So do you do weaving or needle work or something to use the natural dye? We love artsy people who love to garden!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome,@Pucksfolly, :welcome! I am please to meet you :frow and happy :celebratethat you have joined our great gang of green-thumbed gardening girls and guys!

:thumbsup It sounds like you will be an interesting addition to the site. Tell us more about your situation and ya gotta know that pictures are always enjoyed.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Pucksfolly! :frow Looking forward to hearing more about your garden.

Pucksfolly

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm in the process of learning handspinning and crochet/knit. We have sheep, angora rabbits and alpacas that we use for fiber and decided it would be fun to learn to dye it naturally as well. Right now my dye garden is a little sad, with just some Madder Root, a clump of Indigo and some Dyer's Alkanet. However with fall coming on I'm going to use the natural bounty of Northeast Ohio :). We have a decent herb garden, and as a first year on the veggie garden we have some corn, squash, pumpkins, beans and a few other odds and ends. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend, but as it's year 1 for the gardens it's a little depressing right now. Once we get the dyes started and rolling I'll be sure to post some pics of the finished product too :)

Latest posts