Hello from San Benito, Texas

Rose Tijerina

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Rose, welcome to our group. There are a lot of friendly nice people here. I think you will enjoy being here. Please tell us a little about yourself so that we may get to know you. What do you like to grow? Any animals/pets? Where in Texas is San Benito?

Mary
I am a Medical assistant who loves but loves hibiscus plants and any flower that attracts hummingbirds and butterflies. I have no pets :(. I simply adore cacti and succulents. I am in plenty of plant groups, I was raised around plants and medicinal herbs. My new adventure is planting herbs. I actually have a plant that may be a hoya... I have 2 groups disagreeing about the ID. I love her. I was wondering if I could post a picture and ask, thank you for allowing me into your lives... Oh by the way, I am a genius in the kitchen.☺☺☺

Rose Tijerina

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Rose, and welcome from Missouri. I bet hibiscus do beautifully in Texas. Sure, go ahead and post a pic. Maybe someone will have an idea.
Thank you for the kind welcome, I appreciate it so much. My hibiscus do great here, they are tropical babes. I will post my pic very soon, thanks again

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some places around here, mostly nearer the coast or creeks, Hibiscus and some tropical plants grow. Actual Hoya have a set of 5 petals and another smaller set over those called a corona. The flowers are more waxy looking than regular Asclepias, and tend toward pinks and whites, and I don't think they come in orange colors. The plant will be more a vine than a bush, and might actually have vine parts that are air roots.

I sometimes see Hoya growing when I go to San Francisco, which has a cool, moist aired, subtropical climate, which almost never frosts.

Rose Tijerina

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Some places around here, mostly nearer the coast or creeks, Hibiscus and some tropical plants grow. Actual Hoya have a set of 5 petals and another smaller set over those called a corona. The flowers are more waxy looking than regular Asclepias, and tend toward pinks and whites, and I don't think they come in orange colors. The plant will be more a vine than a bush, and might actually have vine parts that are air roots.

I sometimes see Hoya growing when I go to San Francisco, which has a cool, moist aired, subtropical climate, which almost never frosts.
Wow, now that you mention it ,my unidentified plant is twisting like a vine. Thank you. I am getting super anxious to see a bloom.... SPRING SPRING SPRING

Latest posts