Herb jelly?

TReeves

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had my Ball book out earlier looking for ways to use all the parsley in my garden. I've already dried 2 pounds of the stuff. I've even given some away.
So, in the book there was a recipe for herb jelly. It listed a bunch of herbs to use. So, I thought well I have lots of Thai Basil and lots of Parsley you could do this.
But, what do I eat it with? And has anyone ever done this and can give me some tips?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my Ball book out earlier looking for ways to use all the parsley in my garden. I've already dried 2 pounds of the stuff. I've even given some away.
So, in the book there was a recipe for herb jelly. It listed a bunch of herbs to use. So, I thought well I have lots of Thai Basil and lots of Parsley you could do this.
But, what do I eat it with? And has anyone ever done this and can give me some tips?
On crackers or in cooking meat and fish?I bought garlic cranberry jelly at a farmers market. They had samples. I could not believe how great it was. It went fast. I put it on pork and crackers. So good. Who would have thought?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can also chop up and freeze your fresh herbs in ice cube trays with water or broth, transfer to freezer baggie, then you can just drop a few into whatever you are cooking. I like the jelly idea too. I would use it to baste meats, I think.

TReeves

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have a bunch of pork that my FIL have us and I'm thinking it would be really good on that. The recipe makes 5- 8 oz. jars. I figure it would be a good experiment. We, may wind up really liking it.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of the oddball stuff I've tried has turned out pretty good. I think it's worth the effort for at least one batch. I'd also think it would be good on meat, pork and poultry especially, but maybe try it on cheese and crackers as well.

TReeves

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I made jelly today. I used cilantro, thai basil, parsley, and just a little bit of mint. It smells really good and is a pretty color. If it sets I'm hoping to use it on chicken this week. It's actually more orange than this looks.

Attachments

• 20150419_203040.jpg
    20150419_203040.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 177

Latest posts