Hey, I'm Chickants

Chickants

Sprout
Reaction score
I just registered over on BYC. My username is a portmanteau of my two main ways of becoming sustainable, chickens and plants.

I ordered chicks recently, but they haven't shipped out yet.

My garden however is in full swing. I'm growing an annual flower garden with cosmos, zinnias, snapdragons, dahlias, poppies, calendula, sunflowers, moon flowers, butterfly weed, dill, toothache plant and cleome. Additionally, I'm growing a fruit and vegetable garden of corn, beans, squash, pumpkins, watermelons, tomatoes, ground cherries, potatoes, chard and spinach.

I'm moving a couple of miles away sometime during the summer, so I haven't been putting too much work into my home garden lately. All of the plants listed are being grown at my "country garden" on land that I/my family own about an hour away from where I live.

I worked a season at a garden store a couple of years ago, and between that, my personal experience, and books I've read, I've learned quite a bit about plants and gardening. I'll try to help answer gardening questions that other members have, and I hope you'll all help me with any garden problems that I have :) .

I'll try to get some pictures posted of my country and city gardens within the next couple of days.

I'm from Central Ohio, I tried to update my profile, but it won't let me until I have 10 posts. I'm sure that'll happen soon enough.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm amazed that you can grow all those fantastic flowers being an hour away from the garden. Maybe someone else helps you, hopefully. What's toothache plant?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohhh, I would love to see pictures! I love the country and country gardens. Glad you joined. I'm sure you will be an asset and there are many others who would love to help you with questions.

Mary

Latest posts