Hi from Western North Carolina

Miss Lydia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Miss Lizzie, I live in Alameda across the bay from San Francisco. It is a 6 mile, man made island. It's a little warmer than the "city" and it's only 20 minutes away. Perfect for my husband who works there. My only complaint is that the weather here should really be 10 degrees warmer.

Mary
Sounds lovely Mary, do you have pics on here of your garden?

Miss Lydia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@Miss Lizzie we have lots of pecan trees in Texas! I wish I had one in my yard! But there are some at the city library and there are several in a huge empty lot just down the street. I go there in the fall and pick them up!
MY MIL had a huge Pecan tree in her back yard in FL. and we always brought home a grocery bag full when we would go to visit.

Miss Lydia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:welcome, @Miss Lizzie, :welcome! This is a great site with even greater gardening friends. I'm sure you will LOVE it here!

I put up a fence to keep my fowl out of the veggie garden. So far it has worked well unless I forget to shut the gate.
I usually remember to shut the gate but I have quite a few who just fly over. :rolleyes: Once everything gets growing good they can't do alot of damage. But I don't grow my veggies in the ground I use grow pots. I have sections fenced in just to be able to grow grass for my geese and keep the chickens out of it. They are such good lil excavators .

Miss Lydia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Latest posts