Home grown tomatoes ... at last!!

pupsnpullets

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, that's kinda freaky logging on to this thread and seeing my own tomato that I hadn't posted!!:/ Thanks, BYB. Don't know how you did it but that magic wand works well for you.

This is the tomato my Austrian neighbour gave me when I gave him a dozen eggs at Easter. It is grown from seed his parents first collected 40 years ago in Austria and have been growing yearly since. Have no idea what variety it might be and probably the neighbours don't, either.

Thanks for all your help.

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

My plants are sagging with GREEN tomatoes! Some of them as big as my fist. But they will not turn red! They are not even ready to pick green and sit on a sunny window sill.

I go outside every day after work, sit on a five gallon bucket and STARE at them for at least ten minutes. EVERY DAY and I still can't make them turn red.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

Cassandra

Hmm... maybe I should show them naked pics of bell peppers. That might make them blush.

pupsnpullets

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
Hmm... maybe I should show them naked pics of bell peppers. That might make them blush.
Love it:lol: Think it's time you revisited the movie "Fried Green Tomatos"!

Barb

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
pupsnpullets said:
Well, that's kinda freaky logging on to this thread and seeing my own tomato that I hadn't posted!!:/ Thanks, BYB. Don't know how you did it but that magic wand works well for you.

This is the tomato my Austrian neighbour gave me when I gave him a dozen eggs at Easter. It is grown from seed his parents first collected 40 years ago in Austria and have been growing yearly since. Have no idea what variety it might be and probably the neighbours don't, either.

Thanks for all your help.
Not a problem at all. You were simply missing the ----> [ <----- before the IMG designation.

I love tomatoes with a history. Are there any stories that go along with the plant? What kind of leaves does this plant have?

pupsnpullets

Leafing Out
Reaction score
BYB, you'll have to be more specific about the leaves - I thought they were all the same:). I'm more than happy to take a close look at them if I knew what I was looking for.

Barb

countrygirl4513

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You lucky duck!!! I've got 3 Better Boys that I'm babying they are the size of a baseball, but still green. Can't wait for a plate of those fabulous beauties!!!! We need rain terribly that would help matters, but no sign of it anytime soon.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Pupsnpullets, tomato leaves aren't all the same.

Some are what are called, potato leafed, because of how they look.

Then, of your regular/common tomato leaves, some have very deep grooving, they can be varigated, etc.

I think it's fun to have different varieties, just for interest; fruit aside. :happy_flower

Latest posts