Hot and Spicy Canned or Pickled Pickles (or anything else canned for that matter)

Rank these pickle and peppers.

• Too Hot! (Habanero)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Just Right! (Habanero)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Too Hot! (Jalapeno)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Just Right! (Jalapeno)

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Anthony_Smith

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hot and Spicy Canned or Pickled Pickles (or anything else canned for that matter)
This is a simple step to make any that you 'Can or Pickle' turn into HOT and SPICY. I really like how fast and easy this recipe addition is. You choose your leel of heat by what kind hot pepper you prefer to eat. In my case it is Habanero that I will use. Simply slice the pepper and add it to one jar of pickle. Shake a few times and Done! This works on supermarket pickles as well as homemade.

To turn down the kick I recommend using a Jalapeno Pepper. If that is too hot you might be able to use an even weaker pepper according to the Scovile Scale.

Carrot Chips are a nice addition to the mix as well since your in the jar.

Anthony_Smith

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Just be sure to remember a little goes along way. You can always add more never take back.
I only use one pepper in a tall jar of Milwaukee brand pickles.

A friend of mine told me something about the acid from the vinegar transfers the capsaicin instantly. So you will know right away rather having to wait.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use my dried Serrano pepper flakes in my hot pickled okra. I like them a lot for their smokey flavor and the heat is just right for me. I put it in my chicken noodle soup sometimes too. :)

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have added that too my spicy kosher dill for years. I always do one batch as spicy for when I am in that mood. I cut jalapeño slices and add extra garlic. They are wonderful and I can't wait to do some. Great minds think a like.

Latest posts