House Keys Emergency

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I am at work, my well man will go to my house and figure out why I have no water. He will need to get into the house. My friend Kristine has keys to my house and I have keys to hers. She will be letting him in. My nephew and sister both have keys. My father just spent keys to all his children. Does someone near to you have a set of keys for a emergency? Do you hide a set somewhere?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never used to lock up the house. Recently had new locks put on two doors. Son has key to house. The two youngest grands each have their own key should I be gone when they get off the bus.

One of the first things I did after 8/8/16 was lock myself out of the house. Sent son to vacation in Rhinelander and daughter home to Mt. Horeb. After daughter left, I realized I was locked out and keys were at the repair shop with my car.

Took a while before I remembered 'hiding' an emergency key for the Grands. Felt foolish, but safer back inside.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My grandmother had a key under an empty clay pot in a stack of flats, right beside her backdoor. I can still remember that ... and it was over 60 years ago!

I learned a lot of important lessons from my grandmother.

Steve
who also has a daughter living nearby ;)

Latest posts