How do you feel?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post, so here it is.

This weekend been eating out of garden. Wanted spaghetti sauce, to garden I went. All but the basil-never came up. & salt..

Thursday, loaded up boxes of tomatoes, peppers, cabbage (made slaw today as well-my cabbage, peppers, onion, carrots) eggplants to give to co-workers. Tomorrow will take tomatoes to share with members at church.

Enjoy planting, taking care of it, and sharing. And EATING!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It kind of seems that this is the time of year that I live for, Seedcorn. The winter, I just shove food in my mouth - hardly matters how it tastes. I just want as many calories consumed with as few calories expended in effort as possible :rolleyes:.

After I get thru that unhealthy time . . .

I've got the ripe tomatoes (& basil ;)). There are cucumbers and sweet onions to slice! Now, all I need is the sweet corn. I figure that it is just about 3 to 5 days away. I didn't grow any of those lightening-quick varieties like Fleet this year :/.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Took a bucket of tomatoes, one family came up to me and asked if I wanted any apples. So now I'm bringing them tomatoes and they are bringing me apples. Pears later. Am I lucky!?!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are.

Especially if you have time for making apple & pear butter.

I can usually handle the late apples but the pears are overripe before I feel I've got time for making pear butter. Dang! Both a favorite . . .

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, recipes. Long, long time ago I made them but I've forgotten. Refresh my memory.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Took a bucket of tomatoes, one family came up to me and asked if I wanted any apples. So now I'm bringing them tomatoes and they are bringing me apples. Pears later. Am I lucky!?!
Oh, you're blessed Seed! :)

I harvested a portion of potatoes last week and have been making hash browns, potato salad, roast potatoes and oven fries from our own crop. I love that! And using our garlic, peppers and kale in stir frys, and soon there will be tomatoes every day!! That feels better than good. :cool:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blessed, much better description to my good fortune.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn, I've noticed that when I give to others, it comes back to me four fold. I think it's happening to you too. :)

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn,

here is the pear butter recipe I used: (link)

It was my own variation to an apple butter recipe but with, what seemed to me, more appropriate spices.

Steve :)

Latest posts