How many Have One of These ?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So grapes lie out in the open to dry? What if a flock of birds flies over and poops on them? Nosiree! I want my raisins properly mechanically harvested, dried and packaged so they will be clean! Workers? Did they wash their hands? Wear gloves? Carry Kleenex for those runny noses?
Such a girl....... LOL

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
So grapes lie out in the open to dry? What if a flock of birds flies over and poops on them? Nosiree! I want my raisins properly mechanically harvested, dried and packaged so they will be clean! Workers? Did they wash their hands? Wear gloves? Carry Kleenex for those runny noses?
... and for the rest of the story ... you see those folks swimming across the Rio Grande then making their way through the chaperral to the green agricultural fields ? Many of them are recruited by the farm worker contractors/ ag. union ( ceasar chavez and company ) where they are provided with crowded housing camps way out of sight, transportation for contract day jobs, food, etc. and charge them very exhorbiant prices to line their own pockets. By law, portapotties,hand washing water as well as drinking water are provided by the farm owners, but when out in the fields and one has to go, pants are unzipped or pulled down so that they don't have to walk the long rows to use them. You hear of all of the contamination recalls that make the evening news ? Our sanitation practices are a foreign thing to many of the laborers. So who gets blamed and sued for all of the disease outbreak recalls ... the FARM OWNERS of course. :caf

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not to hi jack thread but they hired them. American consumer likes to complain about prices and buys slave labor products forcing American companies to hire illegals or go out of business to companies doing worst. We get what we pay for.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also, add the buy local and / or organic products to the more expensive list. Then factor in the new and higher minimum wage that is now touted about and see how much more your personal cost of living becomes. :pop

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also, add the buy local and / or organic products to the more expensive list. Then factor in the new and higher minimum wage that is now touted about and see how much more your personal cost of living becomes. :pop

Organic produce at my usual regular old grocery store is very competitive with the conventional produce. Just sayin.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is very interesting. I used to pick those grapes that are made into raisins. I would disagree with some of what you say Bobm but I'm going to leave it at that. I am not going to get into a discussion about it.

Mary

Latest posts