How much snow did you get?

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Serious ice storm in the Philadelphia area. Lots of trees down and 600,000+ without power. Second only to Hurricane Sandy in numbers of outages. It is feeling like a really long winter here.

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh Seedcorn, it's not that bad........ :lol: I guess this would be a bad time to tell you I have broccoli, lettuce, carrots, cauliflower, mustard greens, collard greens, green onions and cabbage in the garden right now. :plbb And in my little PVC framed, plastic wrapped redneck greenhouse, I have big red tomatoes ripening and yellow ones too, and bell peppers. Enjoy your snow. :clap
That's Not Nice! :yuckyuck

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, ya'll! I was out walking around through the snow :cool: and I found several pots of tomato and pepper plants that had survived the cold :clap in a well-sheltered place. The fruit was huge and ready for harvest so I decided to carry them inside. It seemed that a neighbor had spotted the plants about the same time as I did and it was a bit of a fight :smack getting them away and into the house. Then a noise woke me up! :hit

:he This is winter gardening in Wisconsin. Sigh!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
O Boy, there PhilaGardener!

Maybe this was another time that the Weather Channel hype wasn't too far overdone.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, ya'll! I was out walking around through the snow :cool and I found several pots of tomato and pepper plants that had survived the cold :clap in a well-sheltered place. The fruit was huge and ready for harvest so I decided to carry them inside. It seemed that a neighbor had spotted the plants about the same time as I did and it was a bit of a fight :smack getting them away and into the house. Then a noise woke me up! :hit

:he This is winter gardening in Wisconsin. Sigh!

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
North central Florida.
Today was like... nuts. Started out rainy and chilly (by Florida standards) and then hot and sunshine then rain and cold, sun and hot, rain and cold. My sunglasses spent as much time on my head as on my nose. Five minute pouring- ten minutes broiling. It's stripping my gears, but because everyone else is iced under, It seems really spoiled to complain... but i just did didn't I?

eh, I die below 76.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
North central Florida.

eh, I die below 76.

WOW, I think anyone would die if it was 76 below!!! Ohwait. I read that wrong, just blame the negative temps here in MT this week!! ;)

Greengenes, would you consider Floral City north central florida? My mom is there in the winter...seriously one of these winters I need to go visit her, forreal!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Cal. They just closed the dam gates on 2 Dams in the Sierra Nevada Mts. ... one of them is the one that regulates the water level for the San Juaquin R. ... the very one that has been dry for over 70 years and when the environmentalists won a lawsuit to restore the river flow so that the Salmon run could be restored. :plbbThis caused MANY farms to become out of farming production and return to fallow wasteland and loss of thousands of jobs. :he This area supplied quite a few row and orchard crops for most of this country. :idunno

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOW, I think anyone would die if it was 76 below!!! Ohwait. I read that wrong, just blame the negative temps here in MT this week!! ;)

Greengenes, would you consider Floral City north central florida? My mom is there in the winter...seriously one of these winters I need to go visit her, forreal!
Oh! yes it is a tad north and to the east of us. We looked for land there. I loved it. but not close enough to my grandparents at the time.
Go visit!

Latest posts