HYDROPONICS ANYONE?

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just put together a hedroponics system and need to get the lighting. Anyone into this?

I would like to talk about it. any suggestions.

My girlfriend's husband was given one of the aero gardens but it can only really hold herbs, herbs are really not my thing and I do not want to waste the space, I grow it in the summer and freeze them.

:coolsun

quadcam79

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
kinda...Aquaponics, like hydroponics but instead of using chemicals in the water you raise fish and the fish waste provides the nutrients for the plants

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am so glad you said that. I ran into a nice young fella at Home Depot and he told me he was doing that by by accident. Somehow his oregano or something like that kinda grew down into his fish tank water and started to grow, better than the others.

I thought he was nuttie, to think I can have my fish and eat herbs too :gig

That is an interesting thought and a little scary since will probaly go out and buy fish now. :th

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
OCMG said:
I just put together a hedroponics system and need to get the lighting. Anyone into this?

I would like to talk about it. any suggestions.

My girlfriend's husband was given one of the aero gardens but it can only really hold herbs, herbs are really not my thing and I do not want to waste the space, I grow it in the summer and freeze them.

:coolsun
I have been growing hydroponically for several years, both indoors and in a greenhouse. There is information and photos on my blog if you are interested. The photo was taken today and shows part of my indoor growing area.

chard-1.jpg

My blog: http://hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack, you are tempting me again!! Those plants are unbelievable! It all seems so complicated to me- but man, you make it look easy!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
Jack, you are tempting me again!! Those plants are unbelievable! It all seems so complicated to me- but man, you make it look easy!
Lisa, you don't have to be an Einstein to grow hydroponic vegetables. I certainly am NOT. :rolleyes:

Jack

shrubbery

Sprout
Reaction score
I am new here and garden in every place I can on my 1/2 acre of urban paradise. I also am a hydroponic gardener, it keeps me sane during the winter. I have just moved plants to the porch in an ebb and flow system. I am by no means an expert but I use 175-200s in the house. I do have bulbs for both growing and blooming. I do not grow pot but have learned a lot from pot growers and just turned it into vegetable gardening.

I found your blog a few months ago. It is just beautiful and very helpful, one of the first blogs I found that actually was for growing something OTHER than weed!

I do not care if people grow weed honestly. But I really truly wanted to grow vegetables and try to Google "how to hydroponics" and it sends you flying into grow land!

right now I am working on trying to post photos to a webpage but really would love to learn more from other indoor growers

I move my ebb and flows (and gardening in general I do love to play in the dirt more than hydroponics) out of doors after Mother's Day. Otherwise mostly shut down during the summer except for cloning vegetables and flowers.

We are growing lemon grass in hydroponics and it is very pretty!

brandylorton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
If you are looking for the lights then go for the fluorescent lights . You can choose the led lights too it will also be good for you but the fluorescent lights are the best any ways and quite long lasting too.

Latest posts